This recipe is a modification of one I found on All Recipes, I took the vegetable list from it, but I used the orange sauce recipe from Come and Dine, my church cookbook. The trick to having the vegetables not turn soggy is to use your kitchen timer! When I made this tonight, I put on 2 1/2 minutes on my timer, and they came out perfect! The sauce was close to restaurant quality, but you can taste it at the end and add more tamari or Sriracha or orange concentrate to tweak it to your own liking!
Gluten Free Orange "Beef" Tofu Vegetable Stir Fry
1. Prepare Vegetables:
(1) Slice 2 carrots and 2 stalks of celery on the diagonal.
(2) Cut 1 zucchini in half and slice in half moons.
(3) Slice 1 onion into thin slices.
(4) Chop up 1 1/2 cup of broccoli florets.
(5) Slice 1 red pepper into thin slices.
2. Prepare orange sauce:
(1) Put 1/2 of a cup of orange juice concentrate into a small bowl.
(2) Stir in 1/3 cup of warm water and 1/4 cup of gluten free tamari
(3) Then add 2 T of olive oil, 1 T of minced ginger, and 1/2 t of Sriracha sauce
(4) Stir in 1 T of tapioca starch.
3. Stir fry the vegetables:
(1) Put 2 T of coconut oil into a large skillet and stir-fry ginger for about 1 minute and then add the rest of the vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 more minutes.
(2) Form a well in the center of the vegetables and add the orange sauce.
(3) Slice one container of tofu into 1" cube and put on a plate.
(4) When the mixture comes to a boil, bring down to medium-low and then add the tofu and gently stir it in and let it all cook for about 2 minutes until the tofu is warmed through. Try to time it so that the vegetables are crisp-tender.
List of Vegetarian Recipes on this Blog:
Oh So Good Gluten Free Vegetarian Italian Lasagna
Fantastic Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese
Making Pad Thai With a Thai Student (Omit the chicken)
Cheese & Vegetable Enchiladas
Amazing Vegetable Panang Curry
Make Your Own Thai Fresh Rolls
Oh So Bueno Gluten Free Vegetarian Fajitas!
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa
Gluten Free Mexican Quinoa Casserole
Tofu & Rice:
Gluten Free Tofu & Vegetable Stir Fry
Fabulous Gluten Free Fried Rice
Beans & Legumes: