Gluten Free & God Seeking

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Experiencing the Divine Potter at the Pottery Shop

Getting set up
    Yesterday I had an appointment to meet up with a friend and work on some pottery that I started to paint about a month ago.  About seven years ago my girls introduced me to this shop, and now I have an assortment of bowls and platters.   

    Lately I've started to make these into gifts.  Painting in this brick shop filled with wooden tables of all sizes, neatly arranged bottles of paint, and a rack of how to books just makes me  want to sit down and relax.  I probably do this once a year maybe twice if I can spare the time.
  
    Anyway yesterday I got to the shop about 50 minutes before it opened.  I haven't done this before, but I had my I-phone so I keyed in www.ministrybooks.org and opened up some writings by Watchman Nee.  The one I touched wasn't the one I opened but another one.  Have you ever had the experience that you know something was divinely incidental? 

Finished bowl
    As I started to read this message called Worshipping the Ways of God, I felt like God had read my heart and sent me an email back. I find the writings of Watchman Nee so comforting.   I lost track of the time as I sat there on the curb outside this shop reading.   


    What spoke to me was God ordains all the events in our lives and maybe we don't get it all now, because I know I don't, but we need to worship Him because He as the wise Potter only ordains what is best for us, to shape us and mold us into vessels for His use.  While I painted my bowl, I was reflecting on how just as I have the right to  paint what I want and use the colors that I want, God has the full right to do what He wants to do in my life. 


  Watchman Nee

Why God Has to Forgive us   -  The Gospel of God  

Hearing God     Tell Him - The Collected Works of Watchman Nee, Volume 18

 Experiencing the Divine Potter at the Pottery Shop   Worshipping the Ways of God  by 

Adventures in Handing Out Gospel Tracts - Part 1     How to Distribute Tracts - The Collected Works of Watchman Nee

Witness Lee

Did You Know God Has a Biography?   The History of God in His Union with Man
  Seeing God's New Testament Economy in the Book of Acts Part 2 of 2      The Economy of God

What Causes the Seed to Grow in the Parable in Matthew 13? - The Collected Works Of Witness Lee, 1964, Vol. 4

3 comments:

  1. Usually I do not learn article on blogs, but I wish
    to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do so!
    Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice article.


    My web blog ... anchor

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly wanted to type a simple comment so as to thank you
    for these pleasant advice you are placing on this site.
    My incredibly long internet look up has now been recognized with sensible suggestions to write
    about with my contacts. I would repeat that most of us visitors
    are unquestionably lucky to live in a fantastic website with very many perfect individuals with valuable points.
    I feel rather grateful to have encountered your website page and look forward to
    so many more enjoyable moments reading here. Thanks a lot once again for a lot of things.


    My weblog :: kitchen

    ReplyDelete