So tonight Judi brought over the ingredients to make a gluten free chocolate mayonnaise cake so I could eat it, too. I had fun watching the girls make the cake and took pictures.
After we ate dinner and read out of a Holy Word for Morning Revival book published by Living Stream Ministry called Topics for New Believers (which is a good devotional for young Christians), we then brought out the cake. Judi likes to serve this cake with ice cream and a hot coconut fudge topping. It was beyond decadent--so good! Most of the students and the adults had two servings!
JUDI'S SUPER MOIST GLUTEN FREE
CHOCOLATE MAYONNAISE CAKE
CHOCOLATE MAYONNAISE CAKE
In a mixing bowl put:
(2) 3 eggs
(3) 1 t vanilla; Judi likes to use 1 T vanilla
(4) Add 1 cup of whole mayonnaise (Best Foods is what Judi uses)
(5) Then add 1 1/3 cups of water
(6) Mix together a few minutes until combined.
2. Mix dry ingredients - In a bowl stir
(1) 2 cups of gluten free flour mix
(2) 1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa. (I used 2/3 cup for Trader's Joe's brand of cocoa or if you like a richer flavor)
(3) 1 and 1/4 t soda, 1/4 t baking powder
3. Combine ingredients: Add the dry ingredients to the egg and sugar mixture and put it on the dial for cake and mix the ingredients together for 3 minutes. This batter will be a bit runny so don't be bothered by that.
4. Baking the cake: Grease a 9 x 13 pan and then pour the batter into the pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Check doneness with a toothpick.
Judi's Hot Coconut Fudge Topping
Put a can of regular coconut milk in a saucepan on the stove and warm up. Then add 3 cups of chocolate chips and stir until melted. Continue cooking until it is just the right temperature! Pour over ice cream on top of the cake.
Blog Update 4/22/14: Today I made this recipe for a birthday and it made 24 cupcakes. I also reduced the sugar to 1 1/3 cups.
Other Gluten Free Baking & Desserts on This Blog:
Gluten free and Low-fat Banana bread
Fall Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Delicious Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
My Favorite Gluten Free Cranberry Nut Bread
Gluten Free German Apple Cake
You Won't Believe It's Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Judi's Super Moist Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Judi's Gluten Free Orange Chiffon Cake
Delicious Gluten Free Rhubarb Cake
Grandma's Gluten Free Applesauce Cake
Old Fashioned Gluten Free Banana Cake
Gluten Free Cowboy Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
The Best Gluten Free Recipe for Snickerdoodles
Gluten Free Rocky Road Brownies
Mark's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies - Made Gluten Free!
Judi's Gluten Free Oatmeal Craisin & Coconut Cookies
Cornbread & Rolls:
Beth's Amazing Gluten Free Cornbread
Crisps & Pies:
Lena's Rhubarb Crunch (A crisp with a gluten free top and bottom crust!)
Delicious Gluten Free Apple Crisp
Ginger's Outrageous Apple Pie
Desserts with Fruit:
Sensational Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
Holiday Cookies & Baking:
Old Fashioned Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
Incredible Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies
Gluten Free Peppermint Sugar Cookies
Our Favorite Pumpkin Pie
Perfect Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
Gluten Free Polish Fruitcake
Old Fashioned Gluten Free Gingerbread Cake
Awesome Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cake
Dairy Free Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream (And other ice cream favorites!)
Muffins:Banana Nutty Muffins
Gluten Free Tremendous Pumpkin Muffins
Bursting with Blueberries Gluten Free Muffins
Toni's Outrageous Gluten Free Corn Muffins
Spunky Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Baked Coconut Pudding
Tangy Lemon Pudding