Gluten Free & God Seeking

Friday, June 29, 2018

From the Life-Study of Job - Have You Ever Asked God Why?

     Have you ever asked yourself what's really going on in the book of Job?  Is it just about a man who loses almost everything and a God who seems a bit detached and uncaring when calamities strike?  On the surface, the book of Job may look like that. This book may cause you to  question God's motives with His people. And you're on the right track if you do!  Keep reading, and you'll find out what God was really up to with Job. 

     I'm on my sixth time reading through the Life-Study of Job, and it is one of my very favorites!  Here's the reason--if you don't understand what God is doing when heart-rending situations hit you, it could cause catastrophic damage to your Christian life. 

     I know what I'm talking about here, and if you're not careful you become like one of Job's friends thinking maybe God's angry with you, or maybe you didn't do something you were supposed to  do and God is punishing you for it. I've been there, I've done that, and sometimes I still fall back into that thought pattern!  And the Life-Study of Job has been like a life-line to me, and that's why I've read it so many times. 

    If you remotely know what I'm talking about here, and you've gotten stuck asking God why, you have to read this Life-Study--it will encourage you so much!!!  Whenever I read these opening chapters, I'm in awe at what Witness Lee saw in this book.  The following excerpts come from pages 7, 10-11, 34-35:

The subject of the book of Job is the purpose of God's dealing with His holy one. Ethically speaking Job was very good....Only God knew that Job had a need, that he was short of God.  Because of His loving concern for Job, God held a council in the heavens to talk about Job....The book of Job shows us that God, through Satan as an ugly tool, was tearing Job down by two ways: stripping and consuming....God's stripping and consuming were exercised over Job to tear Job down that God might have a base and a way to rebuild Job with God Himself that He might become a God-man (Lee, Witness. Life-Study of Job. Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry, 1993).

So although God does bait Satan to take a closer look at Job, it's not because God is playing with him like a pawn. Job was so humanly perfect and upright, but it didn't have anything to do with God. 

And God couldn't let that situation persist because all men were created to contain and express God. It has helped me so much to see that God touches our lives because we are SHORT of His expression.  And it is because of His love that He does touch us.  He can't leave us like that. 

     God lovingly arranges environments and situations that may or may not devastate us just like He did with Job.  And when we're screaming why and unloading all our angst, God is accomplishing His stripping and consuming work.  Have you seen it in your own life?  I know I have. Through all these talks with God, He gets the crack that He was after so He can seep more of His divine life into us.  Over and over things happen and sometimes just like with Job they come one after another.  But this Life-Study has helped me to see we have to  compare the book of Job with what the New Testament says so we know where God is going with everything. 

      In Romans 8:29 and 2 Corinthians 3:18 we get a window of what God is doing in our lives--He's conforming us to the image of His Son!!!  This is important because God has to fulfill His initial purpose in creating man that He stated in Genesis 1:26.  God needs to get a people who express Him and represent Him on this earth. Not always easy or pretty because God is working with people who have been wrecked by the fall.  But because He's God, He knows how to accomplish His purpose! 

Here's a song that has ministered to my heart many times when I've been in situations asking God Why.  It's called There are Times (click on the song title) and it's on a CD put out by New York City Young People.

    And far from being detached from our lives, God is actually lovingly overseeing everything that comes into our lives, and He's working like Romans 8:28 says everything together for our ultimate good and that good in God's eyes is that we express His Son! 

 You can listen to excerpts of Witness Lee's speaking the Life-Study of Job on the  Life Study of the Bible with Witness Lee.   You can also read the online Life-Studies of Job and check out other resources available to enhance your study of the Bible on Living Stream Ministry's website.

From the Life-Study of Job - Have you Ever Asked God Why?
From the Life-Study of Job - What Was God's Intention With Job?

12 comments:

  1. Way cool! Some very valiod points! I appreciate you penning this write-up plus the rest of
    the site is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just a small part of all the encouragement in this Life-Study. I hope you can take the time to read the Life-Study of Job online at Living Stream Ministry's website!

      Delete
  2. Superb, what a weblog it is! This web site provides valuable facts to
    us, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! At last I got a weblog from where I be capable of really obtain helpful information concerning my study
    and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to respond back! I hope you have time to read past posts on other books of the Bible. I also enjoy listening to the Life-Study of the Bible with Witness Lee where you can hear excerpts of his speaking on all the books of the Bible!

      Delete
  4. Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading through your
    posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?

    Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that! You can go to Bibles for America and check out their blog page, Living Stream Ministry's web page, and also you can check on my sidebar for some other sites that I recommend.

      Delete
  6. Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful article.
    Many thanks for supplying this information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this helped you!! really enjoyed reading the Life-Studies of Job! And it was very enjoyable to write out what I saw from reading them!

      Delete