Gluten Free & God Seeking

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Sensational Souvlaki Salad aka Another Way to Eat a Gyro!

 A lot of people are trying to reduce carbs.  I'm always thinking of gluten free recipes.  This summer I took my son-in-law's yummy souvlaki recipe to another level. 


 I did have some pitas available for people who wanted them. So many amazing flavors come together in this Greek salad!  

                      





 Souvlaki Salad


1.  Prepare chicken souvlaki:
(1)  Rinse chicken and put into a plastic Ziploc bag.
(2)  Prepare marinade: This is my son-in-law's marinade: 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. 
(3)  Grill or cook in 2 T of oil in a cast iron skillet.
(4)  Put in a serving dish.

3.  Meanwhile prepare vegetables - Put in a compartmentalized serving tray:
(1)  Chop up 1 red pepper.
(2)  Slice 3-4 or green onions.
(3)  Chop up 2-3 tomatoes.
(4)  Chop up 1 cucumber,
(5)  Feta cheese

4.  Prepare lettuce and put in a serving bowl.

5.  Make some tzatziki sauce: 
(1)  Toss 1/2 cup of grated cucumber with 1 tsp of salt and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
(2)  Ina small bowl put 1 cup of yogurt and 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1 T lemon juice, 1/2 T rice vinegar, 1 tsp. dried dill (or 1 T fresh) and 1 tsp. olive oil.
(3)  Mince 1 clove of garlic.
(4)  Squeeze all the juice out of the cucumber, then stir it into the yogurt mixture.  Stir in 1/2 tsp. salt an 1/4 tsp. black pepper.
(5)  Put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Let everyone assemble their salads.

1 comment:

  1. Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to
    your weblog? My blog site is in the exact same
    niche as yours and my users would genuinely benefit from some
    of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete