Gluten Free & God Seeking

Monday, December 9, 2019

Make Your Own Toasted Seaweed Snacks

A few weeks ago a Korean believer who has been boarding with us made some toasted seaweed for an afternoon snack for my grandkids. Most of my grandkids love toasted seaweed, and so she didn't have to bribe anyone. 

And the smell was incredible!  I was surprised how quickly she prepared them.  She told me she learned how to make these from her older sister.  While she was working, I was taking these pictures. I could hardly get  a bite. They were gone within minutes, and she had to make another batch!

 
 1.  Take out nori and brush both sides with toasted sesame oil.  Then sprinkle with salt.

 

2.  Heat a stainless pan to almost high heat, and place nori on it and let it toast for about 5 seconds and then flip it.  Flip it back and forth one more time. 

 
 
3.  Then stack the toasted nori on a plate.  They don't stick to each other and cool quickly.
 
 
4.  Take about 4 pieces in your hand and cut the seaweed into squares. 
 
Other Korean Recipes on this blog:

Bibimbap
Korean BBQ Chicken
Jap-Chae
Bulgogi Rice Bowl  


No comments:

Post a Comment