Gluten Free & God Seeking

Monday, August 12, 2013

How is a Ministry Formed According to 2 Corinthians 4?


    I like to paint.  Every year I try to make it to the pottery shop so I can work on something.  Yes, and as I'm working there's a lot of spiritual connections running through my mind.  Like I can make any kind of design I want on this bowl, and God's like I can draw any kind of design I want on your life.  

  And if I'm not satisfied, I can wash it off and start over.  God is the Potter, and we are the clay whether we like it or not! 

     Anyway a few weeks ago I was working in my kitchen listening to a message on Living Stream Ministry's Webcast Subscription Service (It's on the menu under Broadcasting).  The brother was speaking on how a ministry is formed according to 2 Corinthians 4, and he read a remarkable passage out of a book called Watchman Nee--A Seer of the Divine Revelation in the Present Age:
 Receiving a revelation is similar to having a picture painted upon us; but this painting must be burned into us to make the painting one with us. When the painting is burned into the vase, no one can erase it; neither can the vase be separated from the painting... It is the same with us. The only way for us to be burned is by suffering.  (Nee, Watchman. A Seer of the Divine Revelation in the Present Age.  Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry, Print).
I like the ending thought that comes out in this section--"The person is the message." 

Other blogs on books written by Watchman Nee or Witness Lee:


Watchman Nee
Why God Has to Forgive us   -  The Gospel of God  
Hearing God     Tell Him - The Collected Works of Watchman Nee, Volume 18
 Experiencing the Divine Potter at the Pottery Shop   Worshipping the Ways of God  
Adventures in Handing Out Gospel Tracts - Part 1     How to Distribute Tracts - The Collected Works of Watchman Nee

Witness Lee
Did You Know God Has a Biography?   The History of God in His Union with Man
  Seeing God's New Testament Economy in the Book of Acts Part 2 of 2      The Economy of God
What Causes the Seed to Grow in the Parable in Matthew 13? - The Collected Works Of Witness Lee, 1964, Vol. 4

No comments:

Post a Comment