Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Another Way to Make a GF Pie Crust - Coconut Crust

  We were visiting our son's family over the Thanksgiving holiday, and my daughter-in-law is gluten free.  So on Wednesday we made two pumpkin pies, one for our husbands and one for us. 

She wanted to try this coconut crust with the pumpkin pie.  I don't know where she got it, but she tweaked a few things, and this is it. 

It's really simple to make and tasted great.  This coconut crust would be really good with a lemon, banana or coconut cream filling!!







1.  In a medium sized bowl put:
(1)  1 cup coconut flakes
(2)  Stir in 2 T of tapioca starch
(3)  Mix in 1/2 cup of coconut oil

2.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

3.  Add the filling and bake according to those directions. 



Crisps & Pies:
Lena's Rhubarb Crunch (A crisp with a gluten free top and bottom crust!) (My daughter-in-law's mother. She's an amazing cook, which I think most of us moms become after a few years!)
Delicious Gluten Free Apple Crisp    (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Ginger's Outrageous Apple Pie    (From a church friend)

The BEST Lemon Meringue Pie with Mrs. Lauralicious Gluten Free Pie Crust  (Internet)
My Grandmother's Favorite Banana Cream Pie  (A recipe from my grandmother)
Granny's Lemon Cheesecake Squares   (From my friend Judi's granny)
Simple & Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Pie   (From my Syre School Cookbook)
Judi's No Fail Gluten Free Pie Crust    (From my friend Judi)

No comments:

Post a Comment