Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Did You Know That Salad Burnet Can Be Made Into a Tea?

     For 16 years I've been growing herbs.  I have several pots of peppermint, spearmint, lemon balm, feverfew, lavender, and catmint.  Near my sliding door I have a metal shelf for baskets of outdoor toys, and on the top shelf is a planter box my husband made for me that holds most of my kitchen spices. 

    For roughly 12 years I've dried these herbs to make teas and seasonings for cooking.  This spring I bought a new herb--salad burnet.  I thought it was just going to only be good for throwing into salads.  I was surprised when I did a Google on burnet that it had so many benefits.  Here's the ones that stood out to me the most:

    (1)  It's a spring tonic
    (2)  It strengthens the heart and circulatory system
    (3)  Reduces a fever
    (4)  Good for bone health
    (5)  Lowers LDL 
    (6)  Contains antioxidants
    (7)  Works as a natural anti-inflammatory


Other Blogs on Making Herbs for Spices or Flower Teas:

How to Dry Herbs to Spice Up Your Cooking

How to Dry Herbs to Make Your Own Herbal Teas
How to Dry Herbs to Spice Up Your Cooking!
How to Brew  a Cup of Medicinal Herb Tea
How to Make Your Own Lavender Oil & Tea
How To Dry Roses & Make Your Own Rose Tea, Rose Oil & Rose Water
How to Make Calendula Tea, Calendula Oil & Salve
More on How to Make Your Own Herbal Teas & Peppermint Oil
How To Make Your Own Strawberry Leaf Tea

Note:  I grow and dry herbs as a gardening project.  Be sure to check with a medical professional if you are pregnant, on medication or have any questions or concerns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment