Gluten Free & God Seeking

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Seeing the Divine Romance in Psalm 45

     Seeing that there's a divine romance in the Bible has changed the way I understand it.  It's like there's a thread running through all the 66 books, sometimes it's hidden and sometimes it's obvious.  In the Life-Study on Psalm 45 Witness Lee said it's the highest and greatest of all the psalms because it shows God's intention to gain His believers as His bride. Underneath Psalm 45 is the psalmist's note that it's a Maschil, a song of love. In a footnote on this verse from my Recovery Version of the Bible it says the Hebrew word here is feminine indicating that the love here is between a male and a female.
 
   So as I read this outstanding exposition on this psalm, I saw that all the beautiful imagery here portrays what Witness Lee called the divine romance between God and His people. There's a lot of parts to this psalm and lots of details were brought up in the Life-Study, but what touched me the most was his speaking about the importance of our having a loving relationship with the Lord on pages 250-251 in chapter 21:
 
"Our love for the Lord Jesus should be a love full of affection....According to Psalm 45, we all need to have a pure life with an affectionate love for the Lord.  John Nelson Darby, who lived to be 84 and never married, had such a love full of affection.  One night in his old age, he was staying alone in a hotel, and at bedtime he said, 'Lord, I still love You.' When I read this, I was deeply touched, desiring to have an affectionate love for the Lord Jesus.  Now I can testify that, as an elderly person, I love Him much more than I did when I was young. Recently I had a time of intimate, affectionate prayer to the Lord regarding a certain matter, and in my prayer, I told Him, 'Lord Jesus, I love You.' As I was praying, I fell in love with the Lord Jesus once again"  (Lee. Witness. Life-Study of Psalms. Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry, 1993, Print).
This word about John Nelson Darby has always touched me.  I appreciate how Brother Lee's writings draw me to seek and love the Lord more.

 
Let us rejoice and exult and let us give the glory to Him
 for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
 and His wife has made herself ready.  Revelation 19:7 

Other Posts on Men/Women From Church History:

G. H. Pember Why are There Two Trees in Genesis 2 Anyway?
On George Mueller  - From the Life-Study of Philippians - What's the Theme of the Bible?   
On Martin Luther, Johann Guttenberg, Moravian Brethren,Watchman Nee -  Why Did God Abolish the Ordinances in Ephesians 2:15?
On Watchman Nee & Witness Lee -  What is the Mystery of Christ in Ephesians 5:32?  
On M.E. Barber  - What Does God's Salvation in 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10 Accomplish in New Believers?
On John Newton - God's Love in 1 John 4 Seen in the Life of John Newton
On the Apostle John  - Touching Account From Church History on the Apostle John





Others Posts on the Life-Study of Psalms:

What is the Focus of the Psalms?
How Does Psalm 8 Show Us God's Purpose in Creating Man?
Taking a Closer Look at Psalm 23 - Part 1 of 2
Taking a Closer Look at Psalm 23 - Part 2 of 2
Why is God's House Important in Psalms 25 -41?
Seeing the Divine Romance in Psalm 45
What Did the Psalmist Perceive in Psalm 73?
What are the Highways to Zion in Psalm 84?

-41

6 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning website. Thnx ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good blog post. I absolutely love this site.
    Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing that! I hope you have time to click on the link that takes you to Living Stream Ministry's website and read the entire Life-Study!

      Delete