Gluten Free & God Seeking

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why Prayer Matters

     Why do we pray?  Because prayer matters.  Sometimes praying can be the hardest thing for you to make time for, but if you make it a part of your day, it will happen.  And then you will see how much prayer matters.  Yesterday my husband and I joined  some other believers for prayer. I enjoyed the list of verses that we had on prayer.  A lot of these verses on  from the book of Isaiah, and when they're put together, you can see why prayer matters. 

Isaiah 45:11  Thus says Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel and the One who formed him, Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons, and concerning the work of My hands, command Me.  

Isaiah 56:7b   My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples.  


Isaiah  59:16a  And He saw that there was no man, and He was appalled that there was no intercessor ....

Isaiah 62:6-7  Upon your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; all day and all night they will never keep silent.  You who remind Jehovah, do not be dumb; and do not give Him quiet until He establishes and until He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

These verses in Isaiah really point out why prayer matters to God. He needs His children to pray according to His will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment