Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Crocheting Baby blankets & Throws

     I've been crocheting blankets for several years. When I was in 8th grade, a friend taught me how to crochet.  In the beginning I made a lot of lopsided blankets, and my girls ended up using them for doll blankets.  I gave it up for years, and then when my girls were in junior high, I started to teach them how to crochet throws for their beds.    Then when friends and my nieces started having babies, I thought I'd try to crochet a baby blanket again and see if I could get it right. If I don't count the stitches, I end up adding on to the rows, and then I have to rip out half of it and start over again.   Baby blankets are a lot of fun to make, and they make a very special gift.  If you'd like to learn how to crochet, you can check out this video on  Youtube.  I also found a video on Youtube for making a baby blanket. 


Working on another blanket!

Our 5 year old granddaughter with the
blanket I made for her.

Our 3 year old granddaughter still
likes to snuggle in her blanket.


No comments:

Post a Comment