Gluten Free & God Seeking

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How Does the Lord Heal People's Hearts According to Mark 7:24-30?

I took this as we flew over the Grand Canyon.
     Why are there so many records of healing in the gospels?  In my reading of the Life-Study of Mark lately the chapters have been on the healings in Mark chapter 7 and 8 and what they signify. 

     In the first part of Mark 7 Witness Lee explains that the Lord as the Physician discloses the true inward condition of man’s heart. 

     Many times I find it hard to understand the significance of different accounts in the Bible, like the cases of healings presented here. I like the explanation that he gave for how he studied the book of Mark in Chapter 26
 “We need to fit together various portions of the Gospel of Mark like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.  When the individual pieces have been fitted together, we see a picture” (Lee, Witness. Life-Study of Mark. Anaheim: Living Stream Ministry, 1983, Print).  
     He points out that the record of the Syrophoenician woman's asking for her daughter's healing is connected to the Lord showing her that He is crumbs of bread (verse 27).  I was enlightened by his sharing that the WAY our hearts are healed is by our taking the Lord as the living bread. I would never have put these two together like this!  So many times I may think my need is outward, but in these accounts I see a little bit more that only the Lord Himself within me can heal all the complicated twists and turns in our hearts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment