Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Marilyn's Alaska King Crab Legs

One of my brother-in-law's clients is a commercial fisherman.  He gets so much salmon, halibut, and Alaska king crab legs that he shares it with the family.  My mother-in-law has been cooking up king crab for years, and so I asked her how she did it.  These are her instructions. 


   I  learned from a website that most king crab legs have been previously cooked and then blast frozen to preserve their taste.  We went to Seattle to have lunch with her yesterday, and she made up some of the crab legs.  While she worked, I took pictures and asked questions.

  These crab legs were fantastic! 



Marilyn's Alaska King Crab Legs

1.  Put frozen Alaska king crab legs into a roasting pan that is lined with foil. 
2.  Cover them completely with foil.
4.  Fill roaster about 1/8" full of hot water.



5.  Put the lid on and bake them at 375 for 45 minutes.  
6.  Take your kitchen scissors and cut down the middle of the legs.  As you can see, these ones had already been precut.



Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.  

My mother-in-law told me she likes to serve rice and cole slaw with these crab legs.  We had cole slaw and french bread. She always buys some gluten free bread or muffins for me. 

List of Other Fish Recipes on this Blog:

Our Best Gluten Free Recipes for Grilling Salmon  - (from Family & church cookbook recipes)
Crispy Gluten Free Oven Fried Fish Sticks   (From the box of Albers Cornmeal)

Asian:
Salmon & Vegetable Curry    (Modified from Internet search)
Make Your Own Sushi!    (A Korean church friend taught me how to make this)
Tasty Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Fish   (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Pan Grilled Teriyaki Tuna Steaks  (From my church Come & Dine Cookbook)

Mexican:
Rachel Ray's Recipe for the Best Fish Tacos   (Modified from an Internet search)
incredibly

No comments:

Post a Comment