Gluten Free & God Seeking

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Blackberry BBQ Chicken - A Tasty Sauce You'll Have to Try!

Our family loves a good BBQ!   I like trying different types of sauces especially if they're from scratch.  This particular one came off of a bag of blackberries. I was a bit skeptical at first when I looked it over, but when I tasted the chicken, I was like wow, those blackberries make this BBQ sauce so yummy! 

Often I cook BBQ chicken in my oven in the winter. I just put it on my broiler pan, and cook it at 400 for 25 minutes, then I  baste it again and flip it and cook it for another 25 minutes.

Blackberry BBQ Chicken

This makes 3 1/2 cups of sauce.  You can use some for basting and then warm some up on the stove and serve it with the chicken. 

1.  Prepare BBQ Sauce - Put the following ingredients into a blender:
(1)  1 1/2 cups of blackberries
(2)  1 1/4 cups of ketchup
(3)  3 T of brown sugar
(4)  2 1/2 T of balsamic vinegar
(5)  1 3/4 tsp. of chili powder and 3/4 of dry mustard.

2.  Skin and rinse chicken.

3.  Grill chicken:  Get your grill going and then put it on high heat and sear chicken a few minutes each side in order to hold all the juices in while grilling.  Turn it down to medium and continue to grill the chicken, basting  them with the sauce. 

List of other chicken recipes on this blog:

Asian:
Authentic Chinese BBQ Chicken  (From my friend Rose)
Gluten Free Soy Sauce Chicken   (Modified from Internet search)
Tasty Gluten Free Filipino Chicken Adobo  (Modified from Internet search)
Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Italian & Greek:
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore With Peppers & Mushrooms  (Modified from my mother-in-law)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
My Son-in-Law's Own Recipe for Greek Chicken

Mexican:
Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)
Belizean Chicken, Black Beans & Rice, and Belizean Coleslaw  (From my daughter's family)

American Favorites:
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
The Best Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken   (From my sister-in-law)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Curried Mushroom & Apple Chicken  (From my church cookbook Come & Dine)
The Best Homemade Chicken BBQ Sauce  (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
A Gluten Free Twist on Tarragon Chicken - From my  church Come & Dine cookbook
Saucy Chicken 
Chicken & Mushrooms in Wine Sauce   - From my church Come & Dine cookbook

Chicken Casseroles
Chicken Divan  - From my Come & Dine Cookbook
Chicken Pot Pie - A combination of 3 different recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment