Gluten Free & God Seeking

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Crocheting Scarves is Fun & Easy!

        Do you like to make gifts or buy them?  I have to say that when someone makes me something, I think about the giver almost every time I use it. Last fall my friend Jean gave me a beautiful scarf that she had crocheted. While we were sitting together, she showed me how. In two months I made 5 scarves. Here's a picture of the ones I made last fall for my daughter and granddaughter.

     This fall I got into the scarf making mood again!  I crocheted a scarf for an aunt, a tan scarf for a college friend, and a pink and purple multi-colored scarf for my five year old granddaughter and her mother. It's in the picture below next to the one I mailed to my aunt.  Right now I am making a matching one for her mother which I thought would be a fun surprise.
    I just looked up this website http://crochet.about.com/library/blbegscarf.htm for crocheting  instructions for crocheting a scarf in case others would like to try it!   I eyeball it for the width and then Jean showed me after you finish a row, you have to add one more and then you can single or double crochet it.  



Here's a picture I took of my younger granddaughter with her scarf on: 





.

No comments:

Post a Comment