Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Two Month Menu Form - Cooking for International Students

     For three years I have been using a menu planning form that I typed up.  For years I wrote down the week's menu on a scrap of paper, but with international students joining our household, I needed to have a more concrete way to keep track of what I was making.  At first I made a one month form that had a column for writing in the meals and another for jotting down particular things I needed to buy that I don't normally keep on hand. 

     If I was making a new recipe like Ginger beef, I would ask the students if it was authentic or not, and what I needed to change.  Many times they gave me a thumbs up.  To my dismay not many of them had ever cooked with their mothers.   Cooking together has been something that I have done with my kids for years, and I've found that teaching Chinese students how to cook has been fun.  

      This past summer I decided to make my menu form go for two months.  One thing I have found that makes this easier for me is when I'm looking up recipes, I only have to find 8 fish recipes, 8 Mexican dishes, etc.  What a load off my menu planning!  Another thing that's nice is I keep these all on a magnet clip and I can flip through and see the last time I made something.   Here's a picture I took of my form.  


Let me know about your meal planning tips!
Click on Comment as and select Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment