Gluten Free & God Seeking

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Knowing the Shepherd in the Valley of the Shadow of Death

     Ever find yourself in the valley?   If you're like me I sometimes  forget everything I've ever heard or read about Psalm 23.  Sometimes I panic or cry when I'm overwhelmed by the valley.  I really liked this line from the Ministry of the Word book I was reading this week:  "When we are in the valley, we should simply remain there and rest in the Lord; our resting in the Lord will shorten the valley, reduce the shadow, and remove the death" (Ministry of the Word 173). 


    No matter what, the Lord is there with us, even when we don't feel it.  And these are the times we read the word by faith, we pray by faith, and live completely by faith.  We can just rest in His word of promise and in His loving heart towards us. It is comforting to just speak this psalm.  Many times this week I just said over and over Jehovah is my shepherd. 


Please tell me what you like
about Psalm 23!!  If you aren't a
blogger or have a gmail account,
just click on Anonymous.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord for Psalm 23! In every stage He is our Shepherd. Even at the valley, His rod protects us and His staff guides and comforts us. So, we need to lift our heads up, look up at Him and praise and thank Him. Halellujah!

    ReplyDelete