Gluten Free & God Seeking

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Volunteering for Bibles for America Part 1 of 2

  
   Have you ever seen a Bibles for America table?  For several years my husband and I have enjoyed working as volunteers for this non-profit organization.  This week I opened my schedule to help distribute Bibles with about 20 others at the two college campuses in our town. I've really enjoyed the prayer each morning.  I've liked getting to know several of the college graduates that have come to help us.     
 
     Sometimes students will say they already have a Bible.  Probably out of desperation from doing this for about ten years, I'll come back with I bet you don't have a Bible that has over 9,000 footnotes!  That causes a few of them to come back and take a closer look. 

     Then the college graduates get a great opportunity to explain some of the unique features of the Recovery Version of the New Testament. If you would like to check out this Bible, you can see it on Bibles for America's website.

    At the university in our town, they have a Fair two days before classes start in September on their courtyard which because it's made out of brick is called Red Square.  Many of the buildings open out onto it so a lot of students walk through it.   One student that I was talking with there told me that learning about science has sort of cooled off his thought about God.  After telling him about some of the things I heard on Privileged Planet on Youtube,  I told him to look around him--all of creation is declaring there is a Creator!  After awhile he looked at me kindly and said, "You remind me a lot of my mother when she talks to me about the Lord."  He even let me pray for him that God would answer all his questions.

    We have one more day--pray for the hearts of many students to receive a Bible and to open to the Lord!

Blog Update:  A student club from the University of Connecticut share their experiences of using the Recovery Version of the Bible on Bible Studies with the Recovery Version.

List of Posts on Handing out Bibles & Gospel Tracts

Why Do I Volunteer For Bibles for America?
The Best Things in Life are Free! - Bible for America Distribution at WWU
Adventures in Handing out Gospel Tracts - Part 1 of 1

Adventures in Handing out Gospel Tracts - Part 2 of 2
Volunteering for Bibles for America - Part 2 of 2
Volunteering for Bibles for America - Part 1 of 2
My 2013 Bibles For America Volunteer Experience - Handing Out Tracts

No comments:

Post a Comment