Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Time to Try a Country Favorite - GF Buckwheat Blueberry Pancakes


I bought some buckwheat flour awhile ago because I knew that my father grew up loving them on the farm where he grew up in Pennsylvania. So with my husband taking an unexpected day off last week, I thought I'd make it special by whipping up this recipe for  buckwheat blueberry pancakes. Oh yeah!

I modified a recipe in my daughter-in-law's family cookbook to make them.  Because I was a bit leery of how dark the buckwheat grains looked, I wondered if they would make the pancakes too heavy. 

I noticed as I was making them that they didn't cook with perfect looking tops, but don't let that fool you. I found out when I ate a tester, that they were actually quite light and delicious.  Try them with some maple syrup for a real country treat.   





1.  Prepare the dry ingredients - In a large bowl put:
(1)  1 cup buckwheat flour
(2)  1/2 cup of brown rice flour and 1/2 cup of tapioca flour
(3)  Stir in 8 tsp. baking powder, 2 T of brown sugar, and 1 tsp. salt.

2.  Combine liquid ingredients - In a medium sized bowl put:
(1)  Whisk two eggs.
(2)  Add 2 cups of milk.
(3) Then add 1/3 cup of olive oil.

3.  Mix the egg mixture with the dry ingredients.  Then add 1 cup of blueberries. 

4.  Put a tablespoon of coconut oil in a skillet and put 1/4 cup of batter into the warmed pan for each pancake and cook until ready to flip 
 
Pancakes:
 
Fantastic Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes  (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)
Gluten Free Banana Split Pancakes  (Another recipe from my daughter-in-law's family!)
Outstanding Gluten Free Oatmeal Pancakes  (From my Heritage School Cookbook, where I worked 3 1/2 years)
Family Favorite Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes (From my daughter's home ec teacher)
Crunchy & Delicious Potato Latkes  (From a flier in my sweet potato bag)
Tasty Gluten Free Swedish Pancakes    (From my Syre School Cookbook)
Protein Packed Gluten Free Ricotta Cheese Pancakes  (From my daughter-in-law's family)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment