Gluten Free & God Seeking

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Finding God's Peace During the Coronavirus Pandemic

     The statistics each week on the coronavirus are alarming, and it can fill our hearts with uncertainty about the future.  A friend told me that while on the phone with her insurance agent last week this woman started unloading and told her that she was so worried for her kids and that she couldn't even sleep at night.  I'm sure that woman is not alone; there are many people facing financial worries these days with many businesses closing temporarily.  Every day the statistics on the coronavirus are unsettling as these numbers continue to increase.

     Throughout history God has gone to great lengths to reach man, and in the midst of tragedy God is there. We can find the peace that passes all understanding by opening our hearts to God and putting our trust in Him.

     Philippians 4:6-7 says:  In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses every man’s understanding, will guard your hearts and thoughts in Christ Jesus. 

      When I visited Bibles for America's website last week, I saw this encouraging verse from John 14:27:
 
                                “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you, 
                                 Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let
                                 Your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

            When I read that verse on their site, it inspired me to type up a tract, and a lot of what's in this post I put in that tract.  A friend and I passed them out in our neighborhood. We enjoyed stopping to tell neighbors we had a word of encouragement for them!  Then on Saturday when my husband and I were walking, we gave some to the people we met.  With everything happening on earth today, you need to know that you can receive the God of peace into your heart. In Romans 5:1 the Apostle Paul writes: Therefore having been justified out of faith, we have peace toward God through our Lord Jesus Christ.  With an honest heart you can just tell the Lord: 
 
Lord Jesus, I need You. 
Thank You for dying for all my sins.  
Please forgive me, Lord.  
I ask that You would cleanse me from all of my sins. 
Lord Jesus, come into me!   

       For about 18 years my husband and I have been volunteers for Bibles for America, an organization that has already given out over a million free study Bibles. They went to Ground Zero, New Orleans, Virginia Tech, and Europe during the refugee crisis to encourage people’s hearts. You can receive a free study Bible by going to bfa.org; they will ship it to you free. They also have many free booklets available and videos that you can view on their website. BFA can also connect you with a volunteer in your area to read the Bible with you.

List of Posts on Handing out Bibles & Gospel Tracts

Why Do I Volunteer For Bibles for America?
The Best Things in Life are Free! - Bible for America Distribution at WWU
Adventures in Handing out Gospel Tracts - Part 1 of 1

Adventures in Handing out Gospel Tracts - Part 2 of 2
Volunteering for Bibles for America - Part 2 of 2
Volunteering for Bibles for America - Part 1 of 2
My 2013 Bibles For America Volunteer Experience - Handing Out Tracts


1 comment:

  1. I have read your Religions blog it is inspiring for us. I want to say thanks to you. I have to bookmark your blog for future updates.
    All religions agree on two things
    Finding peace in God
    Love and Happiness
    Spirituality
    universal love

    ReplyDelete