Gluten Free & God Seeking

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Dairy & Gluten Free Yukon Gold Potato Mini Frittatas


A few weeks ago I made this recipe that I had picked up several years ago at an oil & vinegar tasting shop. I needed a fall brunch idea and I chose this recipe.  I'd never made it before, so I was just a tad nervous. But I've made roasted vegetables and that intrigued me about this recipe.   

 The original recipe calls for bacon and 8 egg whites and 4 whole eggs, but I just used 10 whole eggs. This is one of the few recipes I've seen for frittatas that doesn't call for any milk or cheese. Because this recipe didn't have a copyright, I'm able to share it easily. And for sure this is the kind of recipe that you can make a lot of personal adjustments with.

 I was surprised how pretty they came out.  And the eggs didn't flatten out after cooling down either. And, of course, they were delicious. 

We served these mini frittatas with pancakes with apple topping, and a fruit plate.


Gold Potato Mini Frittatas
 
 
1.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Dice 3 cups of gold potatoes.
(2)  Slice 1 onion
(3)  Coat them with oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano. Set aside.
 
2.  Prepare eggs - In a medium-sized bowl put:
(1)  8 eggs and whisk
(2)  Add 1/8 cup of olive oil, 3 T parmesan cheese, 1 or 2 sliced green onions.
(3)  Whisk all the ingredients together until well combined.
 
3.  Spray a muffin tin and then:
(1)  Put a spoonful of roasted potatoes and onions in the bottom of each tin.
(2)  Fill each tin 3/4 full with the egg mixture.
 
4.  Bake at 350 for 7 - 10 minutes. 
 
Egg Dishes

Sweet Potato Hash With Poached Eggs  (From my daughter's Internet search)
Hash Brown Egg Casserole  (From my friend Lisa)
Mexican Migas Breakfast Casserole  (Modified from a recipe from an airport cookbook)
Baked Zucchini Frittata  (I picked this up from a Whidbey Island farmer's market)
Jan's Sausage & Vegetable Frittata  (From a friend who was a home ec teacher)
Huevos Rancheros - A Fantastic South of the Border Breakfast  (I learned this years ago!)
Beautiful Eggs Florentine (Adapted from an Internet search)
Gluten Free Crustless Zucchini & Spinach Quiche  (From my Syre School Cookbook) 
My Son's Egg & Sausage Burritos
 


No comments:

Post a Comment