Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ginger's Family Favorite Gluten Free Beef Stroganoff

   Noodles and beef  in a savory sauce. There's something about a good beef stroganoff that makes you think of your mom or grandma. It's comfort food for sure. 


   A few years ago I asked my friend Ginger if she had a good recipe because I wasn't too thrilled with the one I had.   I found her recipe very easy to make  gluten free because I just had to substitute gluten free noodles and gluten free Worcestershire sauce. The combination of ingredients in this sauce makes it amazing.  


GINGER'S FAMILY FAVORITE BEEF STROGANOFF
Enough For 8


1.  Marinate the beef:  Rinse 1 pound of stew meat or sirloin and marinade it in 1/2 cup of red/white wine, 1/2 T olive oil, 1/2 cup of beef broth, 2-3 cloves of minced garlic, and 2 tsp. tarragon for 30+ minutes.

2.  Prepare vegetables:  
(1)  Chop up 1/2 cup of onion 
(2)  Slice 1/2 cup of mushrooms. Or if you like mushrooms  slice more. 
(3)  Chop 2-3 T of fresh parsley.
(4)  Optional:  I added 1/2 of a chopped red bell pepper for color.

3.  Cook pasta:  Put a large pot of water on to boil and cook 1 16 oz  package of gluten free noodles (About 10 oz or so.  I always add my noodles slowly, and if I made too much, I use them for soup or something else) about 10 minutes or according to directions. I cook it with 1 t of olive oil and 1 t of salt. 

4.  Sauté beef:  Take the beef out of the marinade but reserve the marinade.  Put 2 T of coconut oil into a large skillet and cook the meat for a few minutes.  Add the onions and let them cook for 3 minutes; then add the mushrooms and cook them for 1-2 minutes.  


5.  Prepare sauce: 
(1)   Sprinkle the meat and vegetables with 1 tsp. of salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper.  
(2)  In a bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of beef broth, 3 T of ketchup and 2 T of cornstarch.  
(3)  Bring the reserved marinade to a boil, and boil a few minutes.  Then add it to the above sauce  and stir until mixed.
(4)  Pour the sauce into the pan and stir in 1 cup of sour cream ad 1 T Worcestershire sauce..
(5)  Add the beef and vegetables.
(6)  Slowly add the drained noodles and gently stir the sauce and the noodles together.
(7) Simmer for 5-8 minutes, add a bit more beef stock if it's too thick.


Other Italian & Greek Recipes on This Blog:

Italian & Greek Chicken:
Incredible Gluten Free Chicken Souvlaki   (My son-in-law's recipe)
Chicken Cacciatore with Peppers & Mushrooms  (Family)
You've Got to Try This Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan!  (From my church cook book, Come & Dine)

Pasta:
My Mom's Splendiferous Gluten Free Spaghetti  (My mother's amazing sauce!)
Oh So Good Vegetarian Lasagna  (From Internet search)
Fantastic Gluten Free Salmon Fettucine   
Judi's Gluten Free Crazy Crust Pizza -  Spinach, Artichoke & Feta Pizza (From a friend)
Gluten Free Pasta Aioli - Sausage & Vegetable Penne  (From my daughter and son-in-law)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Tetrazzini     (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)

Soups:
This is the Best Minestrone Soup!  (From my son's Internet search and tweaking)

No comments:

Post a Comment