Gluten Free & God Seeking

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Fantastic Gluten Free Salmon Fettuccine

    I try to cook fish every week, and sometimes I want to find  new ways to cook salmon or cod.  Last week I thought I would make a seafood pasta dish and settled for this salmon fettuccine recipe that I found on Taste of Home. 

 The sauce was delicious.   I only added a few things from another fettuccine  recipe. This is definitely one of those gluten free recipes that everyone told me they couldn't tell was gluten free.







 Gluten Free Salmon Fettuccine - Serves 8


1.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Cut 1 zucchini in half and then in half moons
(2)  Slice 1 1/2 cups of button mushrooms
(3)  Dice 2 T onion
(4)  Mince 2 cloves of garlic
(5)  Dice 1/2 cup of tomatoes  (I used diced canned tomatoes)
(6)  Mince 1 T parsley
(7)  Thaw 1/2 - 3/4 cup of peas 

2.  Prepare salmon:  Rinse 1 pound of salmon and cut it into bite sized pieces. 

3.  Prepare noodles:  Cook 14 oz of gluten free fettuccine noodles according to the package. Drain and run cold water over.

4.  Saute vegetables:  While noodles are cooking, put 2 T coconut oil into a skillet and sauté mushrooms, zucchini, onion, and garlic for 3-5 minutes.


5.  Prepare sauce: 
(1)  Into the skillet add 2-3 T of tapioca starch
(2)  Slowly add 1 cup of half and half and 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth (or stir chicken bouillon into water).
(3)  Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. 
(4)  Add the salmon pieces and let them cook a few minutes in the sauce.
(5)  Mix spices in a pinch bowl: 1 1/2 t salt, 3/4 t pepper, 1/4 t basil, 1/4 t oregano, and 1/2 T of Costco's Organic No Salt Seasoning.  Then stir into the sauce.
(6)  Add the sautéed vegetables and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
(7)  Taste and adjust seasonings.  
(8)  Add drained noodles.  If it needs to be thickened more, add one more tablespoon of tapioca starch, and if it needs a bit more liquid, add a bit more half and half or chicken broth until it's just right.

Other Italian & Greek Pasta Recipes on This Blog:

Italian & Greek Chicken:
Incredible Gluten Free Chicken Souvlaki   (My son-in-law's marinade recipe)
Chicken Cacciatore with Peppers & Mushrooms  (My mother-in-law)
You've Got to Try This Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan!  (From my church cook book, Come & Dine)

Pasta Cassroles:

The Best Gluten Free Lasagna   (From my church Come & Dine cookbook)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Tetrazzini     (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)

 Classic Pastas:
My Mom's Splendiferous Gluten Free Spaghetti  (My mother's amazing sauce!)
Ginger's Family Favorite Gluten Free Beef Stroganof   (From my friend Ginger)
Gluten Free Pasta Aioli - Sausage & Vegetable Penne  (From my daughter and son-in-law)
Incredible Gluten Free Pasta Primavera     (Combination of two Internet searches)
Fantastic Gluten Free Salmon Fettucine 
Easy to Make Gluten Free Shrimp Linguini   (From my Syre School Cookbook)

Mac & Cheeses
Fantastic Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese  (Modified from Heritage & Internet search)
Gluten Free Comfort Food - Downright Delicious Gluten Free Tuna Noodle Casserole  (From my Heritage School Cookbook)

Pizza
Judi's Gluten Free Crazy Crust Pizza -  Spinach, Artichoke & Feta Pizza (From a friend)

Soups:
This is the Best Minestrone Soup!  (From my son's Internet search and tweaking)
Mouth Watering Italian Turkey Sausage Soup   (This is  my friend Debbie's recipe)

Salads:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad   (I've been making this salad for over 20 years!)
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad  (From my son-in-law who is half Italian)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My daughter came up with this way to use quinoa)

No comments:

Post a Comment