Gluten Free & God Seeking

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gluten Free Pasta Aioli - Sausage & Vegetable Penne

  This is my daughter's own Italian recipe--something she came up with, and her husband (who is half Italian) added his own finishing touches.  They enjoy cooking together.  We had this recipe a few weeks ago.  It is so yummy.  

   Last summer I had pasta ailio at their home for the first time. It was different for me not to have noodles smothered in spaghetti sauce, but I liked how light and refreshing it was with the vegetables and olive oil seasoned with garlic.  This is also my son-in-law's own way of making the aioli sauce.   


Jeremy D's Gluten Free Pasta Aioli  
Sausage & Vegetable Penne 


1. Prepare vegetables:
(1) Chop 1 medium onion
(2) Chop 1 red pepper
(3) Chop 1 bunch of broccoli florets
(4) Mince 8 cloves of garlic - put 2 cloves aside for the vegetables and 6 cloves aside for the olive oil finish.

2. Prepare noodles: Cook 1 package of Trader Joe's brown rice penne pasta according to instructions. Try to cook it so that they're done just about when you're ready to mix in the sautéed vegetables.  When done, drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid or more.

3. Saute vegetables: 
(1) Put 2-3 T of oil in a skillet and saute the onions for a few minutes.
(2) Add the sliced Italian chicken sausage
(3) You can do this in the same pan but to save time we had two pans going!  Add the 2 cloves of minced garlic, and red pepper.
(4) Then stir in the broccoli and stir fry until crisp tender.  Add  1 tsp. of salt and 3/4 tsp. of black pepper.
(5) Remove from heat and cover until the noodles are ready and the olive oil and garlic is warmed up.
4. Prepare olive oil and garlic for the aioli:
(1) Put 3/4 cup of olive oil into a saucepan and warm up on medium high.
(2) Stir in the 6 cloves of minced garlic and 1/4 t of red pepper flakes
(3)  Cook for about 2-3 minutes being careful not to overcook the garlic or it will taste bitter. If it browns too quickly, just remove it from the stove.

5. Assembling the pasta - Into the pan of pasta:
(1) Stir in the sautéed vegetables
(2) Then stir in the warmed oil and garlic.
(3) Quickly stir in some fresh Italian cheese blends  like Parmesan, asiago, and Romano.
(4)  If the pasta needs it, add 1/2 cup of the pasta water.


Other Italian & Greek Pasta Recipes on This Blog:

Italian & Greek Chicken:
Incredible Gluten Free Chicken Souvlaki   (My son-in-law's marinade recipe)
Chicken Cacciatore with Peppers & Mushrooms  (My mother-in-law)
You've Got to Try This Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan!  (From my church cook book, Come & Dine)

Pasta Cassroles:
Oh So Good Vegetarian Lasagna  (From Internet search)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Tetrazzini     (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)

 Classic Pastas:
My Mom's Splendiferous Gluten Free Spaghetti  (My mother's amazing sauce!)
Ginger's Family Favorite Gluten Free Beef Stroganof   (From my friend Ginger)
Gluten Free Pasta Aioli - Sausage & Vegetable Penne  (From my daughter and son-in-law)
Incredible Gluten Free Pasta Primavera     (Combination of two Internet searches)
Fantastic Gluten Free Salmon Fettucine 
Easy to Make Gluten Free Shrimp Linguini   (From my Syre School Cookbook)

Mac & Cheeses
Fantastic Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese  (Modified from Heritage & Internet search)
Gluten Free Comfort Food - Downright Delicious Gluten Free Tuna Noodle Casserole  (From my Heritage School Cookbook)

Pizza
Judi's Gluten Free Crazy Crust Pizza -  Spinach, Artichoke & Feta Pizza (From a friend)

Soups:
This is the Best Minestrone Soup!  (From my son's Internet search and tweaking)
Mouth Watering Italian Turkey Sausage Soup   (This is  my friend Debbie's recipe)

Salads:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad   (I've been making this salad for over 20 years!)
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad  (From my son-in-law who is half Italian)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My daughter came up with this way to use quinoa)

No comments:

Post a Comment