Gluten Free & God Seeking

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Rebecca's Favorite Gluten Free Chicken & Chile Enchiladas

  Sometimes you want a different kind of enchilada. This one is it!  I'm always on the look out for good Mexican recipes for my Saturday night dinners.  One of my Hispanic friends made this a few weeks ago, and I asked  her for the recipe. 

    Okay, I have to be honest and say I thought it was going to be a secret family recipe.  Then she gave me some cans of enchilada sauce and told me that was her recipe.  I've always been a little bit skeptical about the recipes on the backs of boxes and cans. Sometimes they look they're stretching it a bit--like they're really trying hard to  find a way to use their product.  


   Well, I've learned when you're gluten intolerant you've got to have an open mind when you're trying to figure out what to eat.  The only thing she did different was add olives to the top of the enchiladas. 

 Gluten Free Chicken & Chile Enchiladas

1.  Warm up corn tortilla shells:  Put 20 corn tortilla shells into aluminum foil and warm at 300 for about 15 minutes.

2.  Prepare chicken filling:
(1)  Poach 1 lb of chicken breast until it is no longer pink.

(2)  Then shred it apart with forks.
(3)  Stir in 8 oz of cream cheese and one 4.5 oz can of green chilies.

3.  Preparing enchiladas:

(1)  Spoon about 2 t of chicken filling down the middle of a corn tortilla and roll it up.
(2)  Lay seam side down in a 9 x 13 pan or you can use 2 different sizes like I did here.
(3)  Pour a 19 oz can of Las Palmas green chile enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas.
(4)  Scatter sliced olives over the top.
(5)  Sprinkle 2-3 cups of Mexican cheese over the top of the enchiladas.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Other Mexican recipes on this blog:

Mexican Casseroles
Texas Style Gluten Free Stacked Enchiladas  (From my Come & Dine cookbook)
Acapulco Delight - A great Mexican Enchilada (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Michelle's Favorite Vegetarian Enchiladas   (From my daughter)
Kathy's Baked Chili & Chips Casserole  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Gluten Free Mexican Quinoa Casserole  (From an Internet search)
Fiesta Gluten Free Tamale Pie   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Authentic Chicken Enchiladas Verde  (From a church friend)
Rebecca's Favorite Chicken & Chile Enchiladas  (From a church friend)
Delores's Chicken & Tortilla Casserole (Made Gluten Free)  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Tacos, Chimichangas  & Etc.
Rachel Ray's Recipe for the Best Fish Tacos   (From Food Network)
Fantastic Baked Chimichangas  (From my Syre School Cookbook)
Authentic Chicken Flautas  (My hispanic friend Abbie taught me how to make these!)
Delicious Chicken Fajitas  (A mix of many recipes)
Fabulous Vegetarian Gluten Free Fajitas   (From an Internet search)
Easy Gluten Free Baked Taquitos  (From a newspaper clip)

Beans & Rice
The Best Homemade Refried Beans  (From an Internet search)
Texas Pinto Beans & Rice  (From my Texas airport cookbook)

Mexican Chicken & Beef
Anna's Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)
Fantastic Gluten Free Carne Asada!  (From an Internet search--a combination of sites)
Belizean Chicken, Black Beans & Rice, and Belizean Coleslaw  (From my daughter's family)

Soups
Mexican Chicken Soup- A Great Remedy for Colds & Flu  (I got this over 25 years ago from a Mexican cookbook)
Bethany's Crowd Pleasing Tortilla Soup  (From a friend in Califiornia)
Southwest Turkey Soup   (From my Syre School Cookbook)

Salads
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa  (My own version of something I ate in Seattle)
Mexican Salmon & Mango Salad  (Modification of a Betty Crocker recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment