Gluten Free & God Seeking

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gluten Free French Dip Sandwiches


  This year my daughter wanted to make  french dip sandwiches.  I haven't had french dip for over five years,  and so I had to go hunting on the Internet for a gluten free version.  Now I'm sure you realize that when you put in a search you get a lot of results.  

   After  a few quick scans, this one caught my eye from What's For Dinner.  The only thing I did differently was I put in a whole onion, and I think that really made the broth  more flavorful.  This recipe is outstanding.   










GLUTEN FREE FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES

1.  Prepare roast for crock pot:
(1)   Rinse a 3 1/2 -4 pound top round roast.

(2)  Cut off any visible fat and put into a crock pot.

(3)  Dice 1/2 of a sweet onion. (I used the entire onion.)  Put some on the bottom of the pot.

(4)  In a small bowl mix together:  2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 t powdered bouillon, 1 t thyme, 1 t rosemary, and 1 t minced garlic and rub into the roast.

5)  Pour 1/2 cup of Braggs Liquid Aminos  All Purpose Seasoning or gluten free tamari over the meat.

(6)  Put the remaining onion over the top of the roast.

(7)  Add enough water to cover; I used about 2 cups.

2.  Cook roast: The directions say you can cook it on high for 4 hours or on low for 6- 8 hours.  We wanted to make sure the roast was done on time, so we cooked it on high and then brought it down to low for the remainder of the time.  You can always put a meat thermometer in and check it for doneness.

3.  Slice the beef for sandwiches:  My daughter pulled the beef into pieces that could easily go on the rolls she got. I put mine on Udi's bread, and it was perfect.



List of beef recipes on this blog:

Gluten Free French Dip Sandwiches  (An Internet search)
Marilyn's No Peeking Beef Stew    (My mother-in-law's recipe)
My Mom's Amazing Gluten Free Spaghetti  (My mom's fantastic spaghetti)
Fantastic Gluten Free Carne Asada    (An Internet search)
Acapulco Delight - a Mexican Enchilada  (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Heritage's Gluten Free Shepherd's Pie  (From my Heritage School Cookbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment