Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Make it Yourself Thai Peanut Dressing & Chinese Mandarin Salad

I  never thought peanuts would be good in a salad dressing until I had a peanut salad dressing at a Thai restaurant. Last year a friend of mine worked out this dressing and shared it with me.  It's so good!  I usually serve it over a salad of greens, mandarin oranges, and almond slices. 

Chinese Mandarin Salad 
1.  Prepare lettuce:  Wash green and/or red leaf lettuce and some spinach too if you would like to mix it together for as many people as you are serving.
2. Mandarins and almonds:
 (1)  Open a small can of mandarin oranges and drain. Scatter over the top of the lettuce.
(2)  Sprinkle slivered almonds over the top of the salad.
 
Thai Peanut Salad Dressing


This dressing is one that my friend Judi came up with. She is a fantastic cook and likes to experiment.  We both like this dressing and one day she came over for dinner and told me that she had figured it out. I have made this over a year now and it's fantastic!  You can refrigerate it if you remember to take it out 30 minutes ahead of time.  If it ever gets thick, I add a bit of rice vinegar and shake it up.

In a bowl mix together:
(1)  1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter
(2)  1 cup of rice vinegar
(3)  1/3 cup of agave syrup

Put in a salad dressing container and shake before serving.

List of Other Salads on this Blog:

Greens/cabbage:
Gluten Free Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad   (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa  (A remake from something I ate at a restaurant)
Make it Yourself Thai Peanut Dressing for Mandarin Salad  (My friend Judi's recipe)
KFC Copycat Cole Slaw   (A friend shared this with me)
Mexican Grilled Salmon & Mango Salad   (From a Betty Crocker summer cookbook)
Belizean Coleslaw    (From Internet search)

Pasta:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad  (Something I picked up over 20 years ago!)
Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad Bowls   (From an Internet search)

Vegetable:
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad   (My son-in-law's recipe)
Grandma's Perfect Potato Salad   (Family recipe)
Rose's Refreshing Cucumber Salad   (From a Chinese friend)

Fruit:
Grandma Marilyn's Frozen Fruit Salad  (My mother-in-law's recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment