Gluten Free & God Seeking

Friday, July 19, 2013

Rose's Refreshing Chinese Cucumber Salad


Cucumbers are a cooling vegetable.  They add a great touch to a lot of salads.  The salad I'm sharing today puts cucumbers on the center stage.  

My Taiwanese friend Rose brought it over for a potluck a few years ago. This salad is a wonderful salad to accompany any Chinese stir-fry, and it even goes well with her BBQ chicken recipe.  Enjoy!







Rose's Refreshing Chinese Cucumber Salad

1.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Peel stripes on 2 large cucumber.
(2)  Slice 4 tomatoes into tiny wedges
(3)  Chop 1/4th of a sweet onion into 1" tiny slices
(4)  Chop 2 T of cilantro

2.  Prepare dressing - In a small bowl whisk together:
(1)  3 T rice vinegar, 1 T olive oil,  1 tsp. agave syrup
(2)  Seasonings:  1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.

3.  Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and lightly stir them to coat.  Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. 

List of Other Salads on this Blog:

Greens/cabbage:
Make it Yourself Thai Peanut Dressing for Mandarin Salad  (My friend Judi's recipe)
KFC Copycat Cole Slaw   (A friend shared this with me)
Belizean Coleslaw    (From Internet search)
Antioxidant Rich Kale Super Salad  (A copycat from a deli, dressing from Syre School Cookbook)

Main Dish Salads
Gluten Free Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad   (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa  (A remake from something I ate at a restaurant)
Mexican Grilled Salmon & Mango Salad   (From a Betty Crocker summer cookbook)
Jackson Square Shrimp Salad   (From my Syre School cookbook)

Pasta & Quinoa:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad  (Something I picked up over 20 years ago!)
Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad Bowls   (From an Internet search)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My foodie daughter's own delicious creation!)
Another Great Salad with Quinoa - Janah's  Original Quinoa, Cranberry & Feta Salad  (a recipe my daughter 
came up with)
Red Quinoa, Black Bean, & Corn Salad  (A yummy recipe on the Trader Joe's bag of red quinoa)

Vegetable:
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad   (My son-in-law's recipe)
Grandma's Perfect Potato Salad   (Family recipe)
Rose's Refreshing Cucumber Salad   (From a Chinese friend)
A Great BBQ side Salad - Curried Pea Salad  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Dot's Easy Bean Salad  (Recipe from an  83 yr old friend of my father's)

Fruit:
Grandma Marilyn's Frozen Fruit Salad  (My mother-in-law's recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment