Gluten Free & God Seeking

Friday, March 22, 2013

Amazing Gluten Free BBQ Chicken

   There are hundreds of different BBQ sauces.  And I'm sure you're aware that not all BBQ sauces are created equal.  

   Yesterday I tried a recipe from my daughter-in-law's family cookbook.  And I  feel there's something special about family, church, or school cookbooks.  These recipes are usually the ones people have made for years or that your mother or grandmother wrote down for you.  

   Anyway in the cookbook this recipe is called Drums in Heaven, and I  changed the title a bit so people would get that this is a chicken recipe and not one about instruments!  The only things I changed in the recipe was, of course, I  used gluten free ingredients, and I decreased the amount of water.    This chicken was so succulent and the sauce lived up to its name.   I served this chicken with KFC copycat cole slaw, sweet potatoes, and homemade applesauce. 


 Amazing Gluten Free BBQ Chicken 

1.  In a bowl mix together the following ingredients:
(1)  3/4 cup of ketchup
(2)  3/4 cup of brown sugar  (I used 1/2 cup on August 17, 2014)
(3)  1 cup of diced onions
(4)  1 T of prepared mustard
(5) 1 T of Worcestershire sauce
(6)  3/4 cup of boiling water  (recipe calls for 1 cup but I wanted it to be richer tasting.)


2.  Put the BBQ into the refrigerator until needed.

3.  Prepare chicken:
(1)  Rinse about 12-15 legs, thighs, and wings.
(2)  Coat with a mixture of:   1/2 cup of rice flour, 1 t salt,  and 1/2 t pepper
(3)  Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and set it on a plate.
(4)  Put 2- 3 T of oil into a skillet and brown the chicken.
(5)  Put the chicken into a 9 x 13 pan.
(6)  Spoon the BBQ sauce over it and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until tender.

List of other chicken recipes on this blog:

Asian:
Authentic Chinese BBQ Chicken  (From my friend Rose)
Gluten Free Soy Sauce Chicken   (Modified from Internet search)
Tasty Gluten Free Filipino Chicken Adobo  (Modified from Internet search)
Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Italian & Greek:
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore With Peppers & Mushrooms  (Modified from my mother-in-law)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Mexican:
Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)
Belizean Chicken, Black Beans & Rice, and Belizean Coleslaw  (From my daughter's family)

American Favorites:
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
The Best Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken   (From my sister-in-law)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Country Apple Curried Chicken  (From my church cookbook Come & Dine)
The Best Homemade Chicken BBQ Sauce  (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
A Gluten Free Twist on Tarragon Chicken - From my Come & Dine cookbook

Chicken Casseroles
Chicken Divan  - From my Come & Dine Cookbook
Chicken Pot Pie - A combination of 3 different recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment