Gluten Free & God Seeking

Monday, March 11, 2013

KFC Copycat Cole Slaw

Cole slaw is an important side dish.  When it comes to fried chicken and fish it can make or break the meal.  You want just enough tang and just the right amount of sweetness. 
This  copycat KFC recipe has it all.

  A friend brought this cole slaw to a church pot luck.  When she told me it was a KFC cole slaw,   I told her that  I had a KFC slaw in my cookbook, but it wasn't as good as hers!  So,  of course, I asked her for the recipe.  And here it is. 

   I served this with Amazing BBQ Chicken    sweet potatoes, and homemade applesauce.  A southern meal like ones my grandmother used to make.


KFC Copycat Cole Slaw

1.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Prepare cabbage:  Grate 1 small head of cabbage or slice it thinly.
(2)  Grate 1 large carrot.
(3)  Put in a serving bowl.


2. Dressing - In a saucepan put:
(1)  1/4 cup of white vinegar
(2)  Add 1/2 cup of sugar. (I used 1/3 cup of sugar and it came out okay)
(3)  Stir in the following spices:  1/2 tsp. dill, 1 tsp. dry mustard, 1 tsp. Bragg's Organic Sprinkle 24 Herbs & Spices Seasoning  1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper.
(4)  Stir until sugar is dissolved.  Take off the stove and let cool.
(5)  Whisk in 1 cup of mayonnaise.

3.  Add dressing to the coleslaw and let it sit for half an hour or so or put it in the fridge if you have time!

List of Other Salads on this Blog:

Greens/cabbage:
Make it Yourself Thai Peanut Dressing for Mandarin Salad  (My friend Judi's recipe)
KFC Copycat Cole Slaw   (A friend shared this with me)
Belizean Coleslaw    (From Internet search)
Antioxidant Rich Kale Super Salad  (A copycat from a deli, dressing from Syre School Cookbook)

Main Dish Salads
Gluten Free Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad   (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa  (A remake from something I ate at a restaurant)
Mexican Grilled Salmon & Mango Salad   (From a Betty Crocker summer cookbook)
Jackson Square Shrimp Salad   (From my Syre School cookbook)

Pasta & Quinoa:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad  (Something I picked up over 20 years ago!)
Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad Bowls   (From an Internet search)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My foodie daughter's own delicious creation!) Another Great Salad with Quinoa - Janah's  Original Quinoa, Cranberry & Feta Salad  (a recipe my daughter came up with)

Vegetable:
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad   (My son-in-law's recipe)
Grandma's Perfect Potato Salad   (Family recipe)
Rose's Refreshing Cucumber Salad   (From a Chinese friend)
A Great BBQ side Salad - Curried Pea Salad  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Dot's Easy Bean Salad  (Recipe from an  83 yr old friend of my father's)

Fruit:
Grandma Marilyn's Frozen Fruit Salad  (My mother-in-law's recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment