Gluten Free & God Seeking

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Easy to Make Gluten Free Shrimp Linguine

I don't know why, but I've never had shrimp linguine.  A few weeks ago I decided to give it a try. This recipe is from my Syre School Cookbook.  It didn't look too complicated, and  I found out it was so easy to make.

We all loved this pasta!  It was a great spring dinner with a salad of greens, pears, craisins, and balsamic dressing.












Gluten Free Shrimp Linguine - for 6

1.  Prepare vegetables: 
(1)  Wash off with a wet napkin 1/4 of a pound of white mushrooms, and then slice them.
(2)  Mince 6 cloves of garlic.
(3)  Wash and chop 1/2 of a cup of parsley.

2.  Prepare linguine:  Follow  package directions. Drain it.  Try to time the noodles and shrimp being done close to the same time.

3.  Cook shrimp:
 Put 1/2 cup of butter into a large skillet and cook 3/4 of a pound of medium peeled and deveined shrimp for about 5 minutes or until the shrimp becomes opaque.

4.  Prepare linguine: 
(1)  Put the noodles into a large pasta serving bowl.
(2)  Add the shrimp
(3)  Then stir in 6 T of Romano cheese (I used a 3 cheese blend I got from Trader Joe's. I put about twice as much as this).
(4)  Stir in the parsley, 2 tsp. of salt, and 1 1/2 tsp. of black pepper (I always add more).
(5)  Toss gently to coat everything.  Add some hot pasta water as needed. 
(6)  Top with 3 more tablespoons of cheese and fresh black pepper.



Other Italian & Greek Recipes on This Blog:

Italian & Greek Chicken:
Incredible Gluten Free Chicken Souvlaki   (My son-in-law's recipe)
Chicken Cacciatore with Peppers & Mushrooms  (Family recipe)
You've Got to Try This Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan!  (From my church cook book, Come & Dine)

Pasta:
My Mom's Splendiferous Gluten Free Spaghetti  (My mother's amazing sauce!)
Oh So Good Vegetarian Lasagna  (From Internet search)
Fantastic Gluten Free Salmon Fettucine   
Judi's Gluten Free Crazy Crust Pizza -  Spinach, Artichoke & Feta Pizza (From a friend)
Gluten Free Pasta Aioli - Sausage & Vegetable Penne  (From my daughter and son-in-law)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Tetrazzini     (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)

Soups:
This is the Best Minestrone Soup!  (From my son's Internet search and tweaking)

No comments:

Post a Comment