Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Best Homemade Chicken BBQ Sauce

   BBQ sauces can be tricky to make from scratch.  And  this one is definitely one of the best I've ever made. In fact, during the past month I made it twice.  This recipe is from my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook. 



Both times I cooked it a bit longer and at a lower temperature than called for in  the recipe.   We all liked how tender and full of flavor the chicken was.   I served this chicken with my Aunt Janie's baked beans, some mashed potatoes, and cole slaw.  That's one of my favorite dinners!







Homemade Chicken  BBQ Sauce - Enough for 12-16 pieces

1.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Mince 2 cloves of garlic
(2)  Dice 1 small stalk of celery.

2.  In a saucepan mix together and then simmer for 10 minutes:
(1)  1 cup of ketchup and  1/4 cup of salsa
(2) 2 T Worcestershire sauce, 2 T brown sugar, 1 T dry mustard,  and 1 t salt, 

3.  Prepare chicken:  
(1)  Skin 12 pieces of chicken and put into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 30 minutes at 325.
(2)  Drain off any liquid.
(3)  Spoon the BBQ sauce over the chicken and bake at 250-275  for 1 1/2-2 hours.

List of other  recipes with chicken legs/thighs on this blog:

Asian:
Gluten Free Soy Sauce Chicken   (Modified from Internet search)
Tasty Gluten Free Filipino Chicken Adobo  (Modified from Internet search)
Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Italian & Greek:
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore With Peppers & Mushrooms  (Modified from my mother-in-law's recipe) 
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Mexican:
Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)
Belizean Chicken, Black Beans & Rice, and Belizean Coleslaw  (From my daughter's family)

American Favorites:
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
The Best Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken   (From my sister-in-law)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Country Apple Chicken  (From my church cookbook Come & Dine)

No comments:

Post a Comment