Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs



  Lemon and rosemary come together to make a tasty marinade for these chicken legs and thighs.  Whenever I'm visiting my father, I love picking fresh lemons off his tree for this recipe, and I pick a few sprigs fresh rosemary from a  bush that grows in his front yard. 

  This recipe is a combination of a personal marinade my son-in-law worked out with some additions I picked up from one of my cookbooks.







Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs

1.  Prepare chicken:  Skin 12 pieces of chicken

2.  Prepare marinade - Put in a small bowl and mix together:
(1) 4 T of fresh lemon juice 
(2)  1/4 cup of olive oil
(3)  4 cloves of minced garlic
(4)  1 t salt and 1 t black pepper
(5)  Chop 2 T of fresh rosemary

3.  Marinade:
(1)  Pour the marinade over the chicken and coat all the pieces.
(2)  Cover and put in the fridge for 1 hour to overnight or put in a plastic zip-loc bag.
(3) When it's done marinating, put the extra into a saucepan and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.  You can use this to baste the chicken when you turn it.

4.  Grill or bake in the oven.  Today I baked it at 400 on my broiler pan for 25 minutes and then I turn it over and baked it for another 25 more minutes. It comes out just like it's been on the grill!


List of other chicken recipes on this blog:

Asian:
Authentic Chinese BBQ Chicken  (From my friend Rose)
Gluten Free Soy Sauce Chicken   (Modified from Internet search)
Tasty Gluten Free Filipino Chicken Adobo  (Modified from Internet search)
Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Italian & Greek:
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore With Peppers & Mushrooms  (Modified from my mother-in-law)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Mexican:
Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)
Belizean Chicken, Black Beans & Rice, and Belizean Coleslaw  (From my daughter's family)

American Favorites:
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
The Best Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken   (From my sister-in-law)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Country Apple Curried Chicken  (From my church cookbook Come & Dine)
The Best Homemade Chicken BBQ Sauce  (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion) cookbook)
A Gluten Free Twist on Tarragon Chicken - (From my Come & Dine cookbook)
Saucy Chicken 
Chicken & Mushrooms in Wine Sauce   - (From my Come & Dine cookbook)

Chicken Casseroles
Chicken Divan  - (From my Come & Dine Cookbook)
Chicken Pot Pie - (A combination of 3 different recipes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment