Gluten Free & God Seeking

Friday, March 1, 2019

Jer D's Fabulouso Greek Grilled Lamb Chops

This week when I was at the store, I saw that some Australian lamb chops were on special, so I picked up a 3-pack that was just shy of a pound.  I knew my son-in-law with his expertise in Italian and Greek cooking would know exactly how to cook them. We don't eat lamb that often, and for the price I wanted them to come out right! They had just done up a bag of Greek chicken and offered to help me with the lamb chops.  Of course, I keyed their directions onto my phone. 

I made some baked potatoes and a salad to go with them.  When my husband and I took our first bites, we were like wow, this is amazingly delicious!  The meat was so tender and bursting with flavor. Years ago we bought lamb at a Greek deli, and it tasted just like that! Yummy.




Greek Grilled Lamb Chops
 

1.  Prepare lamb chops:  Rinse and pat the lamb chops dry.  Then put them into a Ziploc bag.

2.  Prepare marinade:
(1)   Squeeze 1/4 of a lemon into the bag and  2 T of extra virgin olive oil. 
(2)  Add seasonings:  Then add 1  clove of minced garlic, 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, 1 tsp. dried parsley, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper.

3.  Massage the marinade into the lamb chops for a few minutes.  Then let the bag sit out on the counter for 1 hour.  When you can, go back and give it a few more massages and turn the bag upside down.

4.  Get your grill going: 
(1)  Turn your grill on high about 450.
(2)  Sear the lamb chops.
(3)  Jer told us to grill the first side of the lamb chop for 7 minutes
(4)  Then turn the grill down to medium-high and flip it over to do the other side for about 4 minutes.
(5)  You can always carve off a slice and see how it looks inside and tastes.  Ours was perfect.

BBQ Recipes on this Blog:


American Chicken BBQ
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
Blackberry BBQ Chicken - A Tasty Sauce You'll Have to Try! (Off a package of blackberries)
Ray's BBQ Chicken - (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)
Country Style BBQ Chicken - (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Jeremy's Original BBQ Rub For Thighs  (My son's very own concoction!)
The Best Homemade Chicken BBQ Sauce  (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Greek
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
My Son-in-Law's Own Recipe for Greek Chicken

Fish
Our Best Gluten Free Recipes for Grilling Salmon  - (Family & church cookbook recipes)

No comments:

Post a Comment