Gluten Free & God Seeking

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Ray's BBQ Chicken

A few weeks ago I wanted to try a new BBQ sauce.  This one comes from one of my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbooks; it's from her cousin Ray.  Pretty tasty.  




Ray's BBQ Chicken - for 2 pounds

1.  In a medium-size bowl put:  (Double this if you have more chicken!)
(1)  1/2 cup of maple syrup (I used 1/4 cup of maple syrup and 1/4 cup agave nectar)
(2)  2 T of apple cider vinegar
(3)  1/2 cup of ketchup
(4)  2 T of yellow mustard
(5)  1 tsp. of gluten free tamari
(6)  1 minced onion

2.  Prepare chicken: 

(1)  Skin 2 pounds of cut up chicken.  
(2)  Put it in a 9 x 13 pan
(3)  Pour marinade over it and put in the fridge for 4+ hours turning occasionally.
(4)  Drain off the marinade into a small saucepan.  Right before you're ready to transfer the chicken to a baking sheet (step 2 below), heat the marinade to boiling, and let boil for 2 minutes.

3.  Bake chicken
(1)  Bake chicken at 250 for 20-30 minutes or until the juices drain.
(2)  Remove chicken and put on a baking sheet.  Chicken will bake at 250 for 1 hour or until done.
(3)  Baste with marinade while baking.    

List of other chicken recipes on this blog:

Asian:
Authentic Chinese BBQ Chicken  (From my friend Rose)
Gluten Free Soy Sauce Chicken   (Modified from Internet search)
Tasty Gluten Free Filipino Chicken Adobo  (Modified from Internet search)
Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Italian & Greek:
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore With Peppers & Mushrooms  (Modified from my mother-in-law)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
My Son-in-Law's Own Recipe for Greek Chicken

Mexican:
Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)
Belizean Chicken, Black Beans & Rice, and Belizean Coleslaw  (From my daughter's family)

American Favorites:
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
The Best Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken   (From my sister-in-law)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Curried Mushroom & Apple Chicken  (From my church cookbook Come & Dine)
The Best Homemade Chicken BBQ Sauce  (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
A Gluten Free Twist on Tarragon Chicken - From my  church Come & Dine cookbook
Saucy Chicken 
Chicken & Mushrooms in Wine Sauce   - From my church Come & Dine cookbook

Chicken Casseroles
Chicken Divan  - From my Come & Dine Cookbook

Chicken Pot Pie - A combination of 3 different recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment