Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Country Style BBQ Sauce

You can't always tell a recipe by its ingredients.  I remember when I first made this BBQ sauce, I was skeptical, but boy was I in for a surprise when I licked the spoon!  It reminded me of a BBQ sauce we had tried out in South Carolina.  This recipe comes from one of my daughter-in-laws family reunion cookbooks.  The recipe states to use it to baste the chicken the last half hour.  I kept the extra to pass around the table.  Delicious!  You can also grill the chicken and then baste it  with the sauce the last 5 to 10 minutes.

Country Style BBQ Sauce
1.  In a pan combine the following ingredients:
(1)  1 cup of ketchup and 1/4 cup of salsa.
(2)   2 T brown sugar, 2 T melted butter (I use olive oil), and 2 T Worcestershire sauce.
(3)  Then add 1 T of dry mustard and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt.
(4)  2 cloves of minced garlic and 1 small stem of celery diced.
(5)  Simmer the sauce for ten minutes.
2.  Bake 3 to 4 pounds of chicken pieces at 350 for 30 minutes.
3. Drain any water.  Baste with sauce and bake for another 30 minutes.
4.  Put extra sauce in a small serving bowl to pass around the table.
List of other chicken recipes on this blog:

Asian:
Authentic Chinese BBQ Chicken  (From my friend Rose)
Gluten Free Soy Sauce Chicken   (Modified from Internet search)
Tasty Gluten Free Filipino Chicken Adobo  (Modified from Internet search)
Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Italian & Greek:
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore With Peppers & Mushrooms  (Modified from my mother-in-law)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
My Son-in-Law's Own Recipe for Greek Chicken

Mexican:
Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)
Belizean Chicken, Black Beans & Rice, and Belizean Coleslaw  (From my daughter's family)

American Favorites:
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
The Best Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken   (From my sister-in-law)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Curried Mushroom & Apple Chicken  (From my church cookbook Come & Dine)
The Best Homemade Chicken BBQ Sauce  (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
A Gluten Free Twist on Tarragon Chicken - From my  church Come & Dine cookbook
Saucy Chicken 
Chicken & Mushrooms in Wine Sauce   - From my church Come & Dine cookbook

Chicken Casseroles
Chicken Divan  - From my Come & Dine Cookbook
Chicken Pot Pie - A combination of 3 different recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment