Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Saucy Citrus BBQ Chicken & It's Gluten Free!

 Marmalade and gluten free tamari work together to make a great marinade for this BBQ chicken recipe!  By the way this is another great  recipe  from my Come & Dine cookbook (a fundraiser cookbook I took part in many years ago  to help send our teenagers  to  Summer School of the Truth).  


  The only thing I altered with this recipe was to reduce the 1/2 cup of water to 1/4 cup because I wanted the sauce be more concentrated.  And it did make the sauce richer tasting! 

   The international students that board with us and my husband  loved it. I served this with homemade baked beans, my mother-in-law's potato salad, and a green salad.





Saucy BBQ Chicken

1.  Prepare chicken:  
(1)  Cut up 1 whole chicken, trim off the fat and rinse.
(2)  Put chicken in a pan

2.  Prepare sauce - In a large bowl put:  
(1)  1/2 cup of orange marmalade, 1/2 cup of gluten free tamari, and 1/2 cup of ketchup.
(2)  Spoon enough of the sauce over the chicken until covered and put in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours to marinade.  Put the remaining sauce in a bowl so that you can warm it up and serve it with the chicken.


3.  Bake chicken
(1)  Lay the chicken out in a single layer on a broiler pan--line the bottom with foil.
(2) Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. 
(3)  Put this remaining sauce in a pan and bring to a boil. Use this sauce to brush the chicken half way before flipping over.
(4)  Turn the chicken over, brush with any remaining sauce and bake for another 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender. 
(5)  Warm up the sauce you did not use for serving with the chicken.


List of other  recipes with chicken legs/thighs on this blog:

Asian:
Gluten Free Soy Sauce Chicken   (Modified from Internet search)
Tasty Gluten Free Filipino Chicken Adobo  (Modified from Internet search)
Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Italian & Greek:
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore With Peppers & Mushrooms  (Modified from Internet search)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Mexican:
Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)


American Favorites:
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
The Best Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken   (From my sister-in-law)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

No comments:

Post a Comment