Gluten Free & God Seeking

Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Great BBQ Side Salad - Curried Pea Salad

Here's another great BBQ side to add to the traditional potato or pasta salad.  Full of protein and vegetables, it's a great addition. I made this a few weeks ago and even our international students gobbled it up!

This recipe comes from my Syre School Cookbook.







Curried Pea Salad

1.  Thaw 3 cups of peas in a serving bowl.

2.  Chop up 1/4 cup of sliced almonds.

3.  Chop up 2 green onions.

4.  Cube 1/2 cup of colby-jack cheese.


5.  Make Dressing:  Mix together 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mayonnaise with 3/4 t of  Indian curry.

6.  Combine ingredients:  

(1)  Add the green onions, almonds and cheese to the thawed peas.
(2)  Add the mayonnaise mixture and stir to coat all the ingredients.


List of Other Salads on this Blog:

Greens/cabbage:
Make it Yourself Thai Peanut Dressing for Mandarin Salad  (My friend Judi's recipe)
KFC Copycat Cole Slaw   (A friend shared this with me)
Belizean Coleslaw    (From Internet search)
Antioxidant Rich Kale Super Salad  (A copycat from a deli, dressing from Syre School Cookbook)

Main Dish Salads
Gluten Free Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad   (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa  (A remake from something I ate at a restaurant)
Mexican Grilled Salmon & Mango Salad   (From a Betty Crocker summer cookbook)
Jackson Square Shrimp Salad   (From my Syre School cookbook)
A Great Way to Make a Main Dish Salad Out of Your Garden Veggies - Nicoise Salmon Salad  (From my Heritage School Cookbook)

Pasta & Quinoa:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad  (Something I picked up over 20 years ago!)
Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad Bowls   (From an Internet search)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My foodie daughter's own delicious creation!)
Another Great Salad with Quinoa - Janah's  Original Quinoa, Cranberry & Feta Salad  (a recipe my daughter came up with)
Red Quinoa, Black Bean, & Corn Salad  (A yummy recipe on the Trader Joe's bag of red quinoa)

Vegetable:
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad   (My son-in-law's recipe)
Grandma's Perfect Potato Salad   (My mother-in-law's recipe)
Rose's Refreshing Cucumber Salad   (From a Chinese friend)
A Great BBQ side Salad - Curried Pea Salad  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Dot's Easy Bean Salad  (Recipe from an  83 yr old friend of my father's)

Fruit:
Grandma Marilyn's Frozen Fruit Salad  (My mother-in-law's recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment