Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Dot's Easy Bean Salad

In April I visited my father in Arizona, and one of his friends let me go through her recipe box.  I took pictures of the recipes that I wanted to try out.  Last weekend I made some hamburgers, and for the sideI made her 4 bean salad.


In my mother-in-law's recipe for bean salad, I noticed she uses just  2/3 cup of sugar, so I adjusted it to that amount.  I  also added 2 t of salt and 1/2 t of black pepper.  You can taste it and adjust it to your own liking after shaking he bottle.








Dot's Easy Bean Salad

1.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Chop up 1/2 of a red onion.
(2)  Chop 1 green pepper. 

2.  Prepare dressing -   In a glass jar put the following: 
(1)  1/3 cup of olive oil and 2/3 cup of white vinegar
(2)  2/3 cup of sugar, 2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper.

3.  In a large salad bowl add the following: 
(1)  Drain the following beans:  kidney, green beans, garbanzo, and wax beans (if you want to).
(2)  Add the chopped vegetables
(3)  Pour the dressing evenly over the salad and mix gently together.  
(4)  Chill a few hours.


List of Other Salads on this Blog:

Greens/cabbage:
Make it Yourself Thai Peanut Dressing for Mandarin Salad  (My friend Judi's recipe)
KFC Copycat Cole Slaw   (A friend shared this with me)
Belizean Coleslaw    (From Internet search)
Antioxidant Rich Kale Super Salad  (A copycat from a deli, dressing from Syre School Cookbook)

Main Dish Salads
Gluten Free Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad   (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa  (A remake from something I ate at a restaurant)
Mexican Grilled Salmon & Mango Salad   (From a Betty Crocker summer cookbook)
Jackson Square Shrimp Salad   (From my Syre School cookbook)
A Great Way to Make a Main Dish Salad Out of Your Garden Veggies - Nicoise Salmon Salad  (From my Heritage School Cookbook)

Pasta & Quinoa:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad  (Something I picked up over 20 years ago!)
Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad Bowls   (From an Internet search)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My foodie daughter's own delicious creation!)
Another Great Salad with Quinoa - Janah's  Original Quinoa, Cranberry & Feta Salad  (a recipe my daughter came up with)
Red Quinoa, Black Bean, & Corn Salad  (A yummy recipe on the Trader Joe's bag of red quinoa)

Vegetable:
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad   (My son-in-law's recipe)
Grandma's Perfect Potato Salad   (My mother-in-law's recipe)
Rose's Refreshing Cucumber Salad   (From a Chinese friend)
A Great BBQ side Salad - Curried Pea Salad  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Dot's Easy Bean Salad  (Recipe from an  83 yr old friend of my father's)

Fruit:
Grandma Marilyn's Frozen Fruit Salad  (My mother-in-law's recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment