Gluten Free & God Seeking

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad

  My daughter is a first-class foodie.  She likes to cook, and she's a lot more creative than I am.  She's made this salad for family occasions many times, and we're all like that salad is so good!

   Anyway  last week, I made souvlaki for a family dinner, and she made this quinoa Greek salad.  While I was grilling the chicken, I asked her for the recipe and sent it to myself with these pictures. What's great about this salad is you can add a lot of your own individual touches to this delicious and protein packed salad.







Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad

1.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Chop up 1 orange bell pepper.
(2)  Chop up 1/4 of a red onion.
(3)  Dice up 1 cucumber.
(4)  Chop up 2 roma tomatoes.
(5)  Chop up 2 T of fresh parsley.

2.  Meanwhile cook up 1 cup of quinoa according to package directions. Let it cool.

3.  Make  the dressing - In a small dish put:
(1)  2 T of olive oil and 2 T of lemon juice
(2)  Stir in 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.

4.  Combine ingredients - In a serving dish put:
(1)  The cooled quinoa. 
(2)   Add the chopped vegetables.
(3)  Then add a can of garbanzo beans and 1/4 cup of Mediterranean feta
(4)  Mix to combine all the ingredients.
(5)  Finally stir in the dressing.  Taste and make any seasoning adjustments.

Note:  The two of us who were gluten free just put the souvlaki on the lettuce and topped it with tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki. 


List of Other Salads on this Blog:

Greens/cabbage:
Make it Yourself Thai Peanut Dressing for Mandarin Salad  (My friend Judi's recipe)
KFC Copycat Cole Slaw   (A friend shared this with me)
Belizean Coleslaw    (From Internet search)
Antioxidant Rich Kale Super Salad  (A copycat from a deli, dressing from Syre School Cookbook)

Main Dish Salads
Gluten Free Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad   (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa  (A remake from something I ate at a restaurant)
Mexican Grilled Salmon & Mango Salad   (From a Betty Crocker summer cookbook)
Jackson Square Shrimp Salad   (From my Syre School cookbook)

Pasta & Quinoa:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad  (Something I picked up over 20 years ago!)
Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad Bowls   (From an Internet search)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My foodie daughter's own delicious creation!)
Another Great Salad with Quinoa - Janah's  Original Quinoa, Cranberry & Feta Salad  (a recipe my daughter 
came up with)
Red Quinoa, Black Bean, & Corn Salad  (A yummy recipe on the Trader Joe's bag of red quinoa)

Vegetable:
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad   (My son-in-law's recipe)
Grandma's Perfect Potato Salad   (Family recipe)
Rose's Refreshing Cucumber Salad   (From a Chinese friend)
A Great BBQ side Salad - Curried Pea Salad  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Dot's Easy Bean Salad  (Recipe from an  83 yr old friend of my father's)

Fruit:
Grandma Marilyn's Frozen Fruit Salad  (My mother-in-law's recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment