Gluten Free & God Seeking

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Chicken & Mushrooms In Wine Sauce

There are probably thousands of recipes for chicken out there.  You can dress it up or down and it still comes out great.  This recipe is a more dressy version.  When I made this a few weeks ago, we all were just like wow this is fantastic! 

   I didn't have any white wine so I found out from an Internet search that I could use either white grape juice with 1 T of white vinegar or apple juice.  

This recipe came out of my Come & Dine church cookbook. I have broken down this recipe into easy to follow steps, which is the way that I type up all my recipes.  We served this chicken with rice, green beans, and salad. 

Chicken & Mushrooms in Wine Sauce

1.  Prepare chicken & marinade:
(1)  Rinse and cut apart a 3 lb chicken.
(2)  Place in a 9 x 13 pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
(3)  Drizzle 3/4 cup of dry white wine (or 3/4 cup white grape juice with 1 T vinegar) over the top and let marinade for 2 to 3 hours.
(4)  Remove chicken and reserve the liquid.
(5)  Pat dry the chicken with a napkin.

2.  Prepare vegetables:
(1)  Chop up 1 medium onion
(2)  Slice 1 stalk of celery.
(3)  Mince 1 clove of garlic.
(4)  Slice 2-3 cups of white button mushrooms or similar.
(5)  Chop 3 sprigs of fresh parsley.

3  Brown chicken & vegetables:
(1)  In a large skillet put 2 T of coconut oil and when its hot, brown the chicken over medium heat.
(2)  Remove and set aside.
(3) Add the onions and celery and sauté for 1 1/2 minutes; add the garlic the last 30 seconds. 

4.  Prepare chicken in wine sauce:
(1)  Reduce heat to low and stir in 1 tsp. of rice flour along with the reserved marinade.  Then whisk in 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. black pepper,  1/2 tsp. basil, and 2 bay leaves.  
(2)  Return the chicken to the pan and spoon the sauce over it.  Put the lid on it and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
(3)  Transfer chicken to serving platter and cover.
(4)  Add the mushrooms to the pan drippings and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
(5)  In a small bowl beat 1 egg yolk and then whisk in 1/4 cup of half and half.
(6)  Gradually add it to the mushrooms and stir constantly until thickened.  
(7)  Spoon mushroom sauce over chicken.

List of other chicken recipes on this blog:

Asian:
Authentic Chinese BBQ Chicken  (From my friend Rose)
Gluten Free Soy Sauce Chicken   (Modified from Internet search)
Tasty Gluten Free Filipino Chicken Adobo  (Modified from Internet search)
Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Italian & Greek:
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore With Peppers & Mushrooms  (Modified from my mother-in-law)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)

Mexican:
Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)
Belizean Chicken, Black Beans & Rice, and Belizean Coleslaw  (From my daughter's family)

American Favorites:
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
The Best Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken   (From my sister-in-law)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Country Apple Curried Chicken  (From my church cookbook Come & Dine)
The Best Homemade Chicken BBQ Sauce  (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
A Gluten Free Twist on Tarragon Chicken - From my Come & Dine cookbook
Saucy Chicken 

Chicken Casseroles
Chicken Divan  - From my Come & Dine Cookbook
Chicken Pot Pie - A combination of 3 different recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment