Gluten Free & God Seeking

Friday, August 24, 2018

A Northwest Salad Favorite - Cobb Salad With Blackened Salmon & Shrimp

In July my husband and I went to a favorite waterfront restaurant  for a family birthday.  My choices were limited, so the cobb salad on the menu caught my eye. When my salad arrived, it was beautiful and tasted terrific. 

   This summer my salad garden was growing so much lettuce that I've made main dish salads at least twice a week!  So the  week after that dinner, I bought some salmon so I could see if I could make some blackened salmon.  I did a Google and came up with a pretty good recipe. It was so good! Then a few weeks later I made this salad again for some friends.  Tasty!!



Cobb Salad with Blackened Salmon & Shrimp  - For 4


1.  Prepare vegetables - Put each in an individual container until assembling:
My salad garden
(1)  Wash salad greens and spin. 
(2)  Grate 1 carrot. 
(3)  Chop 1 cucumber. 
(4)  Slice 2-3 green onions.

2.  Boil 3-4 eggs.  When cool, chop them up and put them in a container.

3.  Prepare blackened salmon - Look up your favorite blackened salmon recipe:
(1)  Rinse salmon
(2)  Sprinkle with blackened seasoning.
(3)  Brush flesh side with about 1 tablespoon of melted butter. When the pan is hot, place salmon flesh side down and let it cook for 2-5 minutes.
(4)  Brush skin side with butter and then flip and let it cook until the salmon flakes. (I put the lid on my pan to let it steam 1 1/2 minutes to finish the cooking.)
(5)  When it cools down, cut it into strips.


4.  Assemble Salads - Take out as many salad bowls as you need.
(1)  Fill each bowl with salad greens.
(2)  Arrange the vegetables in little piles in each bowl.
(3)  Arrange the salmon and shrimp.
(4)  Arrange the chopped eggs.
(5)  Put a bit of Gorgonzola or feta cheese in a pile.

Serve with ranch or green goddess dressing.

List of Other Salads on This Blog:

Greens/cabbage:
Make it Yourself Thai Peanut Dressing for Mandarin Salad  (My friend Judi's recipe)
KFC Copycat Cole Slaw   (A friend shared this with me)
Belizean Coleslaw    (From Internet search)
Antioxidant Rich Kale Super Salad  (A copycat from a deli, dressing from Syre School Cookbook)

Main Dish Salads
Gluten Free Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad   (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Baja Salad with Black Beans & Quinoa  (A remake from something I ate at a restaurant)
Mexican Grilled Salmon & Mango Salad   (From a Betty Crocker summer cookbook)
Jackson Square Shrimp Salad   (From my Syre School cookbook)

Pasta & Quinoa:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad  (Something I picked up over 20 years ago!)
Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad Bowls   (From an Internet search)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My foodie daughter's own delicious creation!)
 Another Great Salad with Quinoa - Janah's  Original Quinoa, Cranberry & Feta Salad  (a recipe my daughter came up with)

Vegetable:
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad   (My son-in-law's recipe)
Grandma's Perfect Potato Salad   (Family recipe)
Rose's Refreshing Cucumber Salad   (From a Chinese friend)
A Great BBQ side Salad - Curried Pea Salad  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Dot's Easy Bean Salad  (Recipe from an  83 yr old friend of my father's)
A Great Summer Side - Broccoli Salad  (From my Come & Dine cookbook)

Fruit:
Grandma Marilyn's Frozen Fruit Salad  (My mother-in-law's recipe)




3 comments:

  1. Wow, apгovado! gostei muito!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought I
    might as well check things out. I like what I see
    so now i am following you. Look forward to checking out your web page repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really
    nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site
    to come back in the future. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete