Gluten Free & God Seeking

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Jer's Authentic Pasta Aioli with Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella

 
When you have a son-in-law who's half Italian, you pay attention when they're cooking pasta!  In June we were invited over for dinner, and he was making Pasta Aioli with Tomatoes, Basil, and fresh mozzarella. Of course, he wasn't using gluten free pasta, but that's an easy adjustment to make! 
 
     I've made another one of his aioli recipes and you can see it below. It was so yummy;  I knew this one would be great, too.  When the bowls were served up, I could tell by the way everyone chowed down that it was fantastic!!
 
 
 Pasta Aioli with Tomato, Basil and  Mozzarella
 
 
1.  Prepare vegetables & cheese:
 (1)  Chop up one .66 oz. container of basil or pull some out of your herb garden like I usually do in the summer.
(2)  Quarter  1 cup of grape tomatoes.
(3)  Mince 6 cloves of garlic.
(4)  Cube  8 oz. of fresh mozzarella or more.
 
2. Prepare noodles: Cook 1 package of Trader Joe's brown rice penne pasta according to instructions. Try to cook it so that they're done just about when you're ready to mix in the aioli and vegetables. When done, drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid or more for adding at the end if necessary.
 
3.  Meanwhile prepare the aioli - In a small saucepan put:
(1)  3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil and warm up on medium high.
(2)  Stir in  the 6 cloves  of minced garlic and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes if you like a bit of spicy heat. Then bring the heat down to a simmer.
(2)  Let it simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes being careful not to overcook the garlic so it doesn't burn and become bitter.
(3)   Jer said you can add  a bit of fresh basil--like half a tablespoon chopped up.
 
4. Assembling the pasta - Into the pan of pasta:
(1)  Then stir in the warmed oil and garlic.
(2)  Then stir in the vegetables and mozzarella
(3)   If the pasta needs it, add 1/2 cup of the pasta water.

.
Other Italian & Greek Pasta Recipes on This Blog:

Italian & Greek Chicken:
Incredible Gluten Free Chicken Souvlaki   (My son-in-law's marinade recipe)
Chicken Cacciatore with Peppers & Mushrooms  (My mother-in-law)
You've Got to Try This Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan!  (From my church cook book, Come & Dine)
My Son-in-Law's Own Recipe For Greek Chicken   (Family recipe)

Pasta Cassroles:
The Best Gluten Free Lasagna   (From my church Come & Dine cookbook)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Tetrazzini     (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)
Jan's Classic  Baked Spaghetti Casserole

 Classic Pastas:
My Mom's Splendiferous Gluten Free Spaghetti  (My mother's amazing sauce!)
Ginger's Family Favorite Gluten Free Beef Stroganof   (From my friend Ginger)
Gluten Free Pasta Aioli - Sausage & Vegetable Penne  (From my daughter and son-in-law)
Incredible Gluten Free Pasta Primavera     (Combination of two Internet searches)
Fantastic Gluten Free Salmon Fettucine 
Easy to Make Gluten Free Shrimp Linguini   (From my Syre School Cookbook)
Carmine's Authentic Italian Pasta Sauce  (From my son-in-law's father who was born in Italy)

Mac & Cheeses
Fantastic Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese  (Modified from Heritage & Internet search)
Gluten Free Comfort Food - Downright Delicious Gluten Free Tuna Noodle Casserole  (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Northwest Crab Mac & Cheese  - From a 5th grade friend's recipe project
Whidbey Island Crab & Noodle Bake - A classy crab mac & cheese recipe from my mother-in-law

Pizza
Judi's Gluten Free Crazy Crust Pizza -  Spinach, Artichoke & Feta Pizza (From a friend)

Soups:
This is the Best Minestrone Soup!  (From my son's Internet search and tweaking)
Mouth Watering Italian Turkey Sausage Soup   (This is  my friend Debbie's recipe)

Salads:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad   (I've been making this salad for over 20 years!)
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad  (From my son-in-law who is half Italian)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My daughter came up with this way to use quinoa)

1 comment:

  1. I have learn several excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how a lot attempt you put to create this sort of great
    informative web site.

    ReplyDelete