Gluten Free & God Seeking

Thursday, June 30, 2016

My Son-in-Law's Own Recipe for Greek Chicken

  Today I got to watch my son-in-law make up a batch of his yummy Greek chicken.  His dad was born in Italy, and Jeremy loves to cook both Italian and Greek food.  He likes to add all the ingredients for the marinade directly on top of the chicken in a Ziploc bag.  I put them in a bowl so you could dip your finger in and check it to see how it tastes.  He has cooked with his dad and family so much, he just smells it to make sure it's right.  

Jeremy told me he doesn't like to add the salt to the marinade but after he flips it on the grill, he sprinkles the chicken with salt.  He heard from someone that adding salt to the marinade causes the chicken to dry out. So I'm leaving this to you.  

 We took this to a park and had a family picnic.  For our part we brought Jeremy's Greek salad (It's in the list below), pita, hummus, and potato salad.  Tasty! 

Greek Chicken Thighs/Breasts
1. Prepare chicken:  Rinse a 2 1/2 pound bag of chicken thighs, and put them into a Ziploc bag.

2.  Prepare marinade - Put the following in a bowl:
(1)  1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
(2)  Roll a lemon and juice it. 
(3)  Mince 3 cloves of garlic
(4)  Add 2 T of rosemary.
(5)  1 tsp. of oregano.
(6)  3 T of chopped fresh parsley.
(7) 1 tsp. of salt (or salt on grill)  and black pepper.
(8)  Taste marinade and add any additional herbs.

3.  Pour the marinade over the chicken  - Squeeze the bag until the chicken is completely coated.  Marinade in fridge for 4+ hours or overnight.

4.  Grill or broil chicken:   After you've gotten your grill prepped, my son-in-law told me to put the grill on medium-high heat and sear the chicken on each side.  Then bring it down to medium and cook it about 4 to 5 minutes a side or until done. 

Other Italian & Greek Pasta Recipes on This Blog:

Italian & Greek Chicken:
Incredible Gluten Free Chicken Souvlaki   (My son-in-law's marinade recipe)
Chicken Cacciatore with Peppers & Mushrooms  (My mother-in-law)
You've Got to Try This Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan!  (From my church cook book, Come & Dine)

Pasta Cassroles:
The Best Gluten Free Lasagna   (From my church Come & Dine cookbook)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Tetrazzini     (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)
Jan's Classic  Baked Spaghetti Casserole

 Classic Pastas:
My Mom's Splendiferous Gluten Free Spaghetti  (My mother's amazing sauce!)
Ginger's Family Favorite Gluten Free Beef Stroganof   (From my friend Ginger)
Gluten Free Pasta Aioli - Sausage & Vegetable Penne  (From my daughter and son-in-law)
Incredible Gluten Free Pasta Primavera     (Combination of two Internet searches)
Fantastic Gluten Free Salmon Fettucine 
Easy to Make Gluten Free Shrimp Linguini   (From my Syre School Cookbook)
Carmine's Authentic Italian Pasta Sauce  (From my son-in-law's father who was born in Italy)

Mac & Cheeses
Fantastic Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese  (Modified from Heritage & Internet search)
Gluten Free Comfort Food - Downright Delicious Gluten Free Tuna Noodle Casserole  (From my Heritage School Cookbook)
Northwest Crab Mac & Cheese  - From a 5th grade friend's recipe project
Whidbey Island Crab & Noodle Bake - A classy crab mac & cheese recipe from my mother-in-law

Pizza
Judi's Gluten Free Crazy Crust Pizza -  Spinach, Artichoke & Feta Pizza (From a friend)

Soups:
This is the Best Minestrone Soup!  (From my son's Internet search and tweaking)
Mouth Watering Italian Turkey Sausage Soup   (This is  my friend Debbie's recipe)

Salads:
Tasty Gluten Free Pasta Salad   (I've been making this salad for over 20 years!)
Jeremy D's Sensational Greek Salad  (From my son-in-law who is half Italian)
Michelle's Greek Quinoa Salad   (My daughter came up with this way to use quinoa)

No comments:

Post a Comment