Gluten Free & God Seeking

Monday, May 14, 2018

Summery Lemon Chicken

A few weeks ago I needed a simple chicken recipe.  So I thumbed through my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook and saw this recipe for lemon chicken.  It looked simple enough, and that's what I needed after a long day.    

I used lemons I had picked from my dad's tree and had squeezed (pardon the pun) into every spare space in my suitcase.  I don't know if it was my dad's organic lemons or this recipe, but it was so tasty!   I'm definitely going to make it again.






Summery Lemon Chicken - Serves 4 to 6


1.  Prepare chicken:  
(1)   Rinse and trim the fat off 4 chicken breasts (I used thighs). 
(2)   Then put them into an 8 x 8 greased baking pan.
(3)   Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.

2. Melt 1 cube of butter (I usually half the fat) and pour it over the chicken.

3. Thinly slice 1 lemon and place them over the tops of the chicken. 

4.  Bake the chicken at 350 for 40-45 minutes. 


 List of other chicken recipes on this blog:

Asian:
Authentic Chinese BBQ Chicken  (From my friend Rose)
Gluten Free Soy Sauce Chicken   (Modified from Internet search)
Tasty Gluten Free Filipino Chicken Adobo  (Modified from Internet search)
Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Chicken (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Make Your Own G.F. Teriyaki Bowls  (Something I came up with combining some of my recipes)

Italian & Greek:
Chicken Souvlaki   (Marinade for chicken from my son-in-law)
Gluten Free Chicken Cacciatore With Peppers & Mushrooms  (Modified from my mother-in-law)
Delicious Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan   (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
My Son-in-Law's Own Recipe for Greek Chicken
Delicious Chicken Florentine Lasagna  (From my church cookbook)

Mexican:
Pollo Guisado (Mexican Braised Chicken)  (From a church friend in Phoenix)
Belizean Chicken, Black Beans & Rice, and Belizean Coleslaw  (From my daughter's family)
Make Your Own Chicken Burrito Bowls (From a collection of my recipes)

American Favorites:
Amazing BBQ Chicken    (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
The Best Gluten Free Oven Fried Chicken   (From my sister-in-law)
Fantastic Gluten Free Chicken Kabobs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Great for Summer BBQ - Lemon Rosemary Chicken Legs  (From my church cookbook, Come & Dine)
Curried Mushroom & Apple Chicken  (From my church cookbook Come & Dine)
The Best Homemade Chicken BBQ Sauce  (From my daughter-in-law's family reunion cookbook)
A Gluten Free Twist on Tarragon Chicken - From my  church Come & Dine cookbook
Saucy Chicken 
Chicken & Mushrooms in Wine Sauce   -( From my church Come & Dine cookbook)
Our Family's Fall Favorite - Chicken & Zucchini Casserole with Gluten Free Biscuit Topping - -( From my church Come & Dine cookbook)
Blackberry BBQ Chicken - A Tasty Sauce You'll Have to Try! (Off a package of blackberries)
Ray's BBQ Chicken - (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)
Country Style BBQ Chicken - (From my daughter-in-law's family cookbook)

Chicken Casseroles
Chicken Divan  - From my Come & Dine Cookbook
Chicken Pot Pie - A combination of 3 different recipes!
Savory Chicken Mornay - From my  church Come & Dine cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment